Was there a change in the app?

Gill & Tony

I visited a location yesterday, gave an incorrect answer and got the failure message.  When I made another attempt and hit "Submit", nothing happened.  No response. 

I drove home and tried again, no response.

I restarted the phone and opened the app again, entered another incorrect attempt.  Got the wrong answer message.  Tried a third attempt and, again, no response.

Has there been a change such that I can only make one try at an answer?  Am I doing something wrong (apart from getting answers wrong)?  Help, please.

I noticed the same thing yesterday after entering an incorrect answer. Eventually, when I figured out the correct answer, it accepted that okay and moved on to the next stage. It seems, with multiple incorrect answer, you now only get one "incorrect answer" message and then any incorrect answers after that it just looks like nothing has happened when you tap "Submit". It was pretty disconcerting at the time.

• Upvote 1

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday.  It is quite aggravating, because the app tends to "hang" (i.e., become unresponsive for some period of time) and not getting a response from a "submit" looks just like another "hang."

It was particularly annoying when one of the required answers was not clearly defined from the info at the spot and I had to keep trying many different ways of saying the same thing, in an attempt to find the one the CO used.  It took several app restarts (along with some choice comments to myself) before I realized that the app wasn't "hanging," but just ignoring me.

I, too, hope it is merely a bug, and not an intended "feature."

• Helpful 1

Thank you for your reports. This does appear to be a bug—the team is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

We have heard from most reports that the app will accept the correct answer as expected, so gameplay is still possible despite the missing warning message for incorrect answers.

Please let us know if you are unable to complete a Location even with the correct answer.

Still showing the same problem as of January 10th ... it would be really worthwhile if Groundspeak had a Beta Test Group similar to Cachly, where most bugs are found by members of the test group before updates/added features are released to users.

Edit: Thanks to an eagle-eyed contributor, it appears the Android version of the Lab App invites users to join a Beta test group but this doesn't seem to extend to users of the Apple version!

Edited by PlasmaWave
  • Helpful 2
On 12/31/2022 at 5:52 AM, ari54321 said:

Thank you for your reports. This does appear to be a bug—the team is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

We have heard from most reports that the app will accept the correct answer as expected, so gameplay is still possible despite the missing warning message for incorrect answers.

Please let us know if you are unable to complete a Location even with the correct answer.

Hi

Is there any news whether this has been fixed, or if there is an ETA for a fix?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

Hi

Is there any news whether this has been fixed, or if there is an ETA for a fix?

Thanks

The bug has been fixed in a new release we rolled out last week (app version 1.3.46).

If you continue to experience the bug after updating, please uninstall and reinstall the app. Let us know if the issue persists.

• Helpful 2
  • Love 1