Managing Lists from Safari not working

batman74

I am having a problem managing Lists in Safari. I am using Mac OS version 13.1

When I try to do one of the actions listed below, I get this error message.

"We had trouble loading your Lists.
Please try again by refreshing the page."

- Delete entire list
- delete a cache from the list
- rename the list

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem ... can't create a new a new list, or add caches to an existing list.

Tried this on different browsers on a Mac and iPad.

Also disabled add-ons to prevent problems from these.

Using the Geocaching-App on the iPhone, there is no problem adding a list or adding caches to an existing list.

RanasTweets

• Helpful 1

I’ve been having the same problem creating lists on my iPad or Mac … I found a workaround by using the Geocaching site on my iPhone but it only works if I turn off my wifi and use cellular data, it will not create the list if I’m using wifi. I thought it was a problem with my wifi but now that I see this thread I’m not sure what the issue is. 

Edited by clues-uh

I can state that now more precisely (to many options): this happens only, if you switch the map to "Browse geocaches".

If you switch the map back to "Search geocaches" (the standard, the map is opened) adding a new list is possible.

That happens operating system independent (Windows, macos, ipadOS) and browser independent (several tested).

RanasTweets

• Helpful 2

I've been having the same problems with list operations in Safari that batman64 listed above for several weeks now, and the fact that they still haven't been fixed after such a long time is pretty annoying. Also, for more than half a year, the maps displayed from lists keep crashing very frequently as soon as you zoom in. In my opinion, it's incomprehensible that such serious dysfunctions are simply not fixed in a timely manner and that the bugs on the website have accumulated over the past few years to the point that an acceptable and reliable UX hasn't existed for far too long - frustrating!

Edited by Kraftzwerg
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I have not been able to delete a list (any list) or an individual cache from a list (any list) for weeks. This has become a significant problem because I am already using the maximum number of lists so to create a new one I have to delete an old one. We drove an hour to a newly extended rail trail the other day and I wound up adding the caches along that section to an existing unrelated list (that functionality still works) so that they could be expeditiously added to my GPSr. 

I would appreciate an update from GC on the issues raised in this thread, specifically whether the IT team has been able to recreate the problems in their test environment.

MacBook Pro running macOS 11.7.2 Safari Version 16.2

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
11 minutes ago, Michaelcycle said:

I have not been able to delete a list (any list) or an individual cache from a list (any list) for weeks. This has become a significant problem because I am already using the maximum number of lists so to create a new one I have to delete an old one. We drove an hour to a newly extended rail trail the other day and I wound up adding the caches along that section to an existing unrelated list (that functionality still works) so that they could be expeditiously added to my GPSr. 

I would appreciate an update from GC on the issues raised in this thread, specifically whether the IT team has been able to recreate the problems in their test environment.

MacBook Pro running macOS 11.7.2 Safari Version 16.2

Yes, this is a problem for me "in miniature". Since I have not been able to delete caches from my solved puzzle list, it went up to the max of 1000, which impedes my normal way of caching. I don’t want to manage my puzzles on more than one list, I want to remove the 40 I found and don’t need to carry anymore! 

having similar issues both with safari and Firefox.....personally finding access to the site and functionality have been declining over the last year, takes forever to do anything got sick of it for a while. Can't believe its got even worse....pointless trying so will try elsewhere I think. 

• Upvote 1

I have been trying to delete found or archived cache's from List I have made, but when I select the particular cache and go to Delete I get the followup message on the screen "

"We had trouble loading your List.

I go back and refresh the page when restart and nothing. Is that a Geocache.com glitch or something with my computer?

3 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I have been trying to delete found or archived cache's from List I have made, but when I select the particular cache and go to Delete I get the followup message on the screen "

"We had trouble loading your List.

I go back and refresh the page when restart and nothing. Is that a Geocache.com glitch or something with my computer?

Are you using Safari? If so, then it might be this bug:

Something has changed. Yesterday (I test this regularly) I was able to delete one cache from a list. I was not able to delete any others. Today, I have been able to delete multiple caches (including more than one at a time) but I am blocked if I try to delete another within a few seconds. Will try to delete a list later today.

On 2/27/2023 at 2:07 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Merged a duplicate thread. Our engineers are aware of this issue and hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update. My update is that the situation has deteriorated again. I cannot delete caches from lists or delete entire lists again.

Still an issue.   I use Mac OS 11.7.4 and Safari Version 16.3.

Also, every time I try to load my lists, I get "Safari Can't Open the Page" but if I reload the page, it's fine.   This also happens with the maps.  Safari and the geocaching website do not seem to get along.   This does not happen in other browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

Add me to the list of frustrated Apple product users.  I can't modify a list in any way using Safari, the add a cache does work on a given cache.  Add a note, delete a cache nope.  Had been deleting them using my iPhone.  Today that doesn't work either today.  So unlike geocaching.com to ignore something like this so long.

We thank all of you for your patience as we continue to investigate List issues on Safari.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:58 AM, coloradobob said:

This is still an issue,  It is going on 3.5 months now since the thread started. 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, grli said:

Same problem: first removal of caches from a list worked out well but any other trial returned the loading error message

The issue is isolated to Safari for both of you, correct? i.e., you're able to manage Lists with another browser?

I just tried deleting several caches from a list; using Safari all I got was an error message.  I switched to Chrome and it worked fine.  (Similar to what I reported back in May.)

Edit:  I just tried deleting entire lists (rather than just single items  from a list). and it did not work in Safari, but did work in Chrome.

Edited by NanCycle
  • Helpful 1