Longest streak and Lab caches

LHCper

I assume that lab caches are considered in longest streak. If not this would be a request to do it.

As I understand it lab cache logs are removed if an Adventure Lab cache is archived. Does this means an archive of a lab cache would break a longest streak, if the lab cache is the only Find during a date?

If this is the case this could be seen as a request to not remove lab cache logs when an Adventure Lab is archived as it otherwise risk destroying statistics. (At least the above scenario is not possible to recoup from.)

1 hour ago, LHCper said:

As I understand it lab cache logs are removed if an Adventure Lab cache is archived.

Adventure Labs are not "archived" like geocaches. There are two options to take an AL completely off the map:

• The owner switches it off: No finds are removed; I know this for a fact
  • The owner outright deletes the AL (which he should never do, and which should indeed be prevented by the server): Finds are reportedly not removed, but I don't have first hand evidence for this.
3 hours ago, baer2006 said:

The owner outright deletes the AL (which he should never do, and which should indeed be prevented by the server): Finds are reportedly not removed, but I don't have first hand evidence for this.

Where does it say anywhere that you should never delete an AL? Sure, the builder guide says you should never delete (or add) stages once the AL has gone public, because it confuses the way the system determines whether an AL has been completed or not, but that's not the same thing. According to the Help Centre, you won't be given additional credits if any of your existing ALs are turned off, so once you do that to one that's become permanently unplayable, it's game over for you.

There was a post by a lackey some time back confirming that deleting an AL doesn't delete a player's finds or create any other mayhem, if I can find it I'll post a link to it here.

1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

Where does it say anywhere that you should never delete an AL? Sure, the builder guide says you should never delete (or add) stages once the AL has gone public, because it confuses the way the system determines whether an AL has been completed or not, but that's not the same thing.

Ok, so I implicitly assumed that deleting the whole AL is a no-go, when even deleting "only" one stage is already discouraged.

1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

According to the Help Centre, you won't be given additional credits if any of your existing ALs are turned off, so once you do that to one that's become permanently unplayable, it's game over for you.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of this "fine print".

Until now I really assumed that the proper way to handle an AL, which has become unplayable (and unfixable), is to turn it permanently "Off", but not delete it. So it looks as if I were wrong. Anyway, I just read the current version of the Builder Guide, and it gives to advice whatsoever what to do in case you want to permanently shut down your AL. A simple short paragraph on this would be nice ;) .

3 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

According to the Help Centre, you won't be given additional credits if any of your existing ALs are turned off, so once you do that to one that's become permanently unplayable, it's game over for you.

Is it?

I read the Help Center differently, her what it says:

We occasionally provide opportunities to receive additional credits. There is no need for users to request additional credits. Credits are generally distributed using a random selection (with geographic distribution).

In most cases, all creators who have created a public Adventure and have no available credits or Adventures turned “off” or “private” are eligible and are automatically entered in the selection process.

They provide additional credit using a random selection. If you have not turned off one of you Adventures you are automatically entered in the selection process.  If you have turned off your Adventure, you are not in the automated selection process.  It does not say, that you cannot submit a request for an AL.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
25 minutes ago, Mausebiber said:

They provide additional credit using a random selection. If you have not turned off one of you Adventures you are automatically entered in the selection process.  If you have turned off your Adventure, you are not in the automated selection process.  It does not say, that you cannot submit a request for an AL.

I might be wrong, and it would be great if someone who actually knows could step in here, but my understanding from what I've read on the forums since the inception of ALs is that requesting an AL just sets a flag in the system saying you're interested and submitting multiple requests has no effect. As far as I know, the whole credit allocation process now is fully automated based on whatever eligibility criteria they have.

12 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

There was a post by a lackey some time back confirming that deleting an AL doesn't delete a player's finds or create any other mayhem, if I can find it I'll post a link to it here.

That would be interesting as it seem to be a common belief that deleting an ALC would destroy statistics, streaks etc

Anyway I logged one step as the only find yesterday and that increased my streak.

37 minutes ago, LHCper said:
12 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

That would be interesting as it seem to be a common belief that deleting an ALC would destroy statistics, streaks etc

The thread in which the lackey provided some clarification is here. This is what they said back in June this year:

When an Adventure is deleted:

• The finds of people who already completed the Adventure are not affected (players keep their finds even if an Adventure is deleted by the creator)
  • The contents of the Adventure (images, texts, questions, etc.) are permanently no longer accessible to the creator or players. This action cannot be undone (and there is a warning after the "Delete" button is clicked).
  • The creator does not automatically receive a credit to build a new Adventure. Credits are distributed as described in this Help Center article.

We are working towards ways to improve the credit process in the future. Thank you for your patience as we continue to grow and fine-tune Adventure Lab!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3