App Erases Content of Downloaded Lists - iPhone 13

You can create lists in geocaching.com. On your smartphone you then download the contents of the list so you can use it when you work offline. When that download is complete, the green check mark that indicates the content for that list was fully downloaded and is available offline.

I use lists when I go caching in remote areas with no or no adequate cell coverage.

In the last two weeks the following anomaly occurred. It happened TWICE now and it is very disruptive:

1. Content of selected lists was downloaded. The green check mark is shown. All worked on the app as intended.(Preparation phase)

2.  While in the field geocaching....  at a random time: GLITCH!  The geocaching app on the phone shut off, then came back on. I was logged out and needed to login again.

3. Once logged in, the content of the downloaded lists were no longer there. The green check mark that indicates a list was fully downloaded and available was also erased.

Note: the lists are still there, however the content of dowloaded lists were erased. If you are working in the field, offline, you have no access to the content.

Other info: Apple iPhone iOS 16.1.1 on iPhone 13 Pro Max

If anyone else experienced this glitch or bug, please add information.

Edited by The Flying Dutchmen
1 hour ago, The Flying Dutchmen said:

While in the field geocaching....  at a random time: GLITCH!  The geocaching app on the phone shut off, then came back on. I was logged out and needed to login again.

While you're using the App, it drops to the Home screen (and logs you out and deletes downloads) and then reappears?  That's a very weird effect.  I've never seen any App do that, but I recently got iOS 16.1.1 on my iPhone 8, so I'll watch for the issue.

Edited by kunarion
On 11/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Hi @The Flying Dutchmen,

We're sorry to hear the app isn't working as intended for you. What version of the app are you running?

To find out, from your profile, select the Gear Icon in the upper right corner, then select Version below "Sign out."

Thank you for reporting & providing more information about this bug.

The app version is 9.15.0 (2046). The first glitch occurred ~11/9, the second time ~11/20. 

On 11/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, kunarion said:

While you're using the App, it drops to the Home screen (and logs you out and deletes downloads) and then reappears?  That's a very weird effect.  I've never seen any App do that, but I recently got iOS 16.1.1 on my iPhone 8, so I'll watch for the issue.

It happens fast... By the time you say "glitch" you are completely logged out and back to the login screen. When you check the lists the downloaded content is erased.

Edited by The Flying Dutchmen