Ignored caches no longer in PQ's

pppingme

Ignored caches are no longer showing up in PQ's, this started some time in the past week or so.

I don't know if its a factor, but most of my ignored caches are mystery caches that are likely marked as challenge caches.

The missing caches are all in PQ's that have been running weekly for a while with no recent changes, and have always showed up in the past, 

• Funny 2

Ignored geocaches

These are geocaches that will be excluded from all your searches.

My recall is that ignored caches are, "excluded from all your searches", which includes PQ.   If you're convinced there's been a change recently, you might want to report this in the thread on the API changes to pocket queries.

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/382502-release-notes-website-pocket-query-api-october-18-2022/

8 hours ago, pppingme said:

Ignored caches are no longer showing up in PQ's, this started some time in the past week or so.

I don't know if its a factor, but most of my ignored caches are mystery caches that are likely marked as challenge caches.

The missing caches are all in PQ's that have been running weekly for a while with no recent changes, and have always showed up in the past, 

My first thought was that ignored caches never showed up in PQs, because that's the point of the IL. But then I looked deeper into the issue and found this ...

On the page, where you create/edit a PQ, there is a checkbox among the conditions (in the section labeled "That (And)") named "Are not on my ignore list". I had forgotten about this option, but it was selected in all my standard PQs. Now I wondered what would happen when I uncheck it. This would mean that not being on my IL is no longer a criterion to include a cache in the PQ (in other words, caches on the IL will be included). Result:

1. In the line saying "Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in X caches. You can preview the search here.", the number X remained unchanged. I.e., caches on the IL were still not included.
  2. When clicking on the preview link in that line, the result also didn't list any ignored caches.
  3. When selecting the PQ on the Browse Map, caches from the IL did actually show up!
  4. The GPX I got when running the PQ did not contain the ignored caches.

This is inconsistent, and #3 is the only case where the checkbox is actually observed. I can only guess, but maybe the OP wants to say that formerly, the checkbox was also observed in other cases, most importantly #4.

• Helpful 1