Group Membership

T0SHEA
Followers 1

When the Religious Buildings Multifarious was approved, I joined every church group I could.  I use  my membership to verify if it is cross posted, or if I have concerns.  Since I have gained knowledge by my membership in these church groups, I do not use them as often. If a submitter, states in a message, that it was declined in one of the church groups, I still verify it and read the decline notes.

1 hour ago, elyob said:

After category is approved, I assume we only join groups when we want to figure out who denied a proposed waymark. ;)

I do this also.

1 hour ago, elyob said:

After category is approved, if enrollment is turned off, the category will eventually be without leadership.

I do agree with this generally, however it depends on the leaders of the categories. I routinely turn off enrollment.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
10 hours ago, elyob said:

After category is approved, I assume we only join groups when we want to figure out who denied a proposed waymark. ;)

I usually join an approved category group when I'd like to enter a waymark for that cateory - a few ones where I didn't post (yet) I joined out of personal reasons. Mainly to read the reasons WHY a prior proposed waymark was declined in order to avoid that error.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

I also joined some groups, because I wanted to know who declined my waymark. And often I couldn't do that because enrollment was off. As long as I have been an officer, I have always tried to end my decline message with my username. I just forgot to add it on a small amount of WMs.

And, should I ever think of quitting Waymarking, I will make sure that all my categories have active officers or turn on enrollment.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, PISA-caching said:

will make sure that all my categories have active officers

I am just curious, will you also promote a new leader?

I am aware of several leaders that technically have quit, however will not promote new leaders. 

Yet, will solicit members just for the purpose to review submissions.

• Surprised 1

Also, curious, I have noticed that "some" categories have inactive officers. Some have not logged in to the categories for years, basically inactive.

Why are these officers not being demoted, and new members promoted to officers?

Also I have noticed, in a few categories, there are as many as10 to 15 officers, most inactive. If a vote is called, it usually gets "hung up".

Also, sometimes, when I was new to Waymarking and joined a few groups, I was overwhelmed by being promoted to officer. I was unaware of the promotions until I started receiving notifications.  At this point, I lacked the experience and understanding of the responsibilities of being an officer. I panicked, and quit the groups.

My personal opinion,  leaders should extend the courtesy to at least inquire if someone wants to be an officer before promoting them.

Currently, as some of you are aware I follow wayfrog's approvals of inactive categories, some appear quite often over the late five years. 

I have joined these groups, with open enrollment, and contacted the leaders to be promoted. Almost always, I get no response and not promoted to officer.

In summary, the categories remain inactive, and wayfrog continues to approved them cycle after cycle.

What is the solution?

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
On 11/21/2022 at 4:00 AM, PISA-caching said:

I have always tried to end my decline message with my username.

As do I, as I believe it to be the proper way to handle declines, though I usually just sign them "Keith", as I figger pretty much everyone knows who that is. When a decline is signed, the submitter can then go directly to the officer in question with questions or for clarification, thereby (usually) shortening the avenue to eventual approval.

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

....though I just sign them "Keith"....

In my case "Andreas" wouldn't be good, because there are more "Andreas" than me. But even if I were the only Andreas, I would use my username, because IF somebody wants to send a note, she/he just has to copy that username and doesn't have to know, if it was "PISA-caching" or "PISAcaching" or.... and to be honest, for quite some time I wasn't (and still am not all the time) sure, if it is "SCROOGIELL" or "SCROOGIEII". I do not want to offend you, but there are more important things that I have to remember. :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 11/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, PISA-caching said:

In my case "Andreas" wouldn't be good, because there are more "Andreas" than me. But even if I were the only Andreas, I would use my username, because IF somebody wants to send a note, she/he just has to copy that username and doesn't have to know, if it was "PISA-caching" or "PISAcaching" or.... and to be honest, for quite some time I wasn't (and still am not all the time) sure, if it is "SCROOGIELL" or "SCROOGIEII". I do not want to offend you, but there are more important things that I have to remember. :unsure:

GREAT point, Andreas. I hadn't though of it that way. Selfish and Unthinking of me. Henceforth I shall try to remember to sign my declines (though I hope they be few) as "Keith - ScroogieII"

Also, I see your point vis a vis "SCROOGIELL" or "SCROOGIEII". Mebbe It would be better that I just drop the "II", as the original "Scroogie" has to do with other forums long, long ago and far, far away.

How about a vote - - - - Waymarkers - would it be in the best interest of all if I dropped the "II"? 50% ayes will GIT ER DONE! Heck, mebbe 33% will do it! Mebbe even 25%.

BTW, Andreas, I doubt that anything you were to say would offend me. You're just not that type of guy, and my skin has grown quite thick. :D

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1