Feature requests

Boomshanka

It's nice to see photos now being uploadable into reviews... but that means it's more important as a Lab owner to check reviews to be sure that spoilers are not uploaded (there is a self-disclaimer on the app before a photo is uploaded)... so two features that I'm sure would have been raised before are:

1) Have a notification of a new review sent to the Lab owner (as per a new log on a CO's cache)

2) Have links to the message centre within the Lab for a) the Lab owner and b) the cacher who has left a review

Whilst here...

When I click an AdLab icon on the main geocaching app map, my phone takes me to the Google Play store to download the AdLab app... which is already loaded. Is that just my setup or the same for everyone? It should obviously open the AdLab app and go to the first page for that Lab.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
4 minutes ago, Boomshanka said:

It's nice to see photos now being uploadable into reviews... but that means it's more important as a Lab owner to check reviews to be sure that spoilers are not uploaded (there is a self-disclaimer on the app before a photo is uploaded)... so two features that I'm sure would have been raised before are:

1) Have a notification of a new review sent to the Lab owner (as per a new log on a CO's cache)

2) Have links to the message centre within the Lab for a) the Lab owner and b) the cacher who has left a review

Whilst here...

When I click an AdLab icon on the main geocaching app map, my phone takes me to the Google Play store to download the AdLab app... which is already loaded. Is that just my setup or the same for everyone? It should obviously open the AdLab app and go to the first page for that Lab.

I get logged out of that app often so when I went to check out the photo feature you mentioned, I had to log back in and still don't see it. 

I do not have that issue of clicking on an icon and being taken to the Play Store. Yet. 

I don't see any good it does to be able to check reviews if you can't delete spoiler photos. Or is that option available now?

Thanks for posting about this addition to the AL experience. 

4 minutes ago, Boomshanka said:

If you go to a Lab that you've already finished and look at your review, you should now see that you can edit it and also add a photo.

Nope. Already tried that. If it's there I just don't see it. Am I just not seeing it? 

Oh, it didn't auto update like it's supposed to I just updated let's see if that changes things. 

Now I see it!

I'm surprised there is not an announcement, and there has to be a way to delete spoilers. I wonder where this is headed.

Screenshot_20221116-071535.thumb.png.91f476ddff3d1b62433d457f55ba061e.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 2