Was there a format change?

Has the format of files created by PQs changed recently?

I use a Garmon GPSMap 64. Until recently, I would connect it to my Mac and simply drag the PQ file onto it and everything would work just find. Last month, when I did it, the caches in the PQ did not show up when I went to look for a cache. I'm wondering if the format has changed. Thanks for any information.

46 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_Bruce said:

I use a Garmon GPSMap 64. Until recently, I would connect it to my Mac and simply drag the PQ file onto it and everything would work just find. Last month, when I did it, the caches in the PQ did not show up when I went to look for a cache. I'm wondering if the format has changed. Thanks for any information.

You might be seeing the effects of this change from a few weeks ago:

On 11/8/2022 at 2:49 PM, Dread_Pirate_Bruce said:

I have had this exact problem happen with my 64st.  It's random.  It's not the gpx format unless there is a particularly nasty bit of unicode in it, I think.  It is related to the bug where the gps refuses to show the waypoint on the map and instead shows N00 00.000 E 00 00.000.  To fix that one, delete your current track.  To fix the problem of gpx files not showing up, I simply wrote the file to the sd card instead of internal memory.  When I got home I deleted everything out of the gpx folders on both drives and it has worked fine ever since.

• Helpful 2