Geocache not enabling

SandyPaper

I have just replaced and enabled a cache while at GZ, using the Geocaching app (iOS) and received e-mail confirmation a few seconds later, however the app continued to show the cache to be disabled.

Well over two hours after enabling the cache, viewing the listing (accessed from the app, via list or map) still shows the cache to be disabled, even though ‘Activity’ shows that it has been enabled (I've also noticed that the last activity (shown on the opening screen for a cache), doesn't refresh until it is selected, going back then indicates the true latest activity).

Presumably, at some point the status of the cache will be refreshed on the app??? However, I'm unsure as to whether other iOS app users will yet be able to see the cache - there doesn't even seem to be an option in 'Filters' to make other owner's disabled caches visible (I think there used to be?) - they're effectively non-existent on the app.

Shutting down the app and reopening has no effect. The website is fine and shows that the cache is enabled, third party app ‘Cachly’ also gave the correct status, within seconds  of doing the maintenance.

Is this a bug, or just the way the system driving the app refreshes?

Bug.jpg

5 minutes ago, Muddy Woodies said:

Presumably, at some point the status of the cache will be refreshed on the app??? However, I'm unsure as to whether other iOS app users will yet be able to see the cache - there doesn't even seem to be an option in 'Filters' to make other owner's disabled caches visible (I think there used to be?) - they're effectively non-existent on the app.

You need to refresh the cache's page in the app by swiping down with your finger. The app caches a lot of the cache data, including whether it's enabled or disabled, the first time you view a cache and just assumes it never changes.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, SandyPaper said:

I enabled my geocache some hours ago but it is still showing up as disabled how do i fix it?

On 5/21/2023 at 4:35 AM, Muddy Woodies said:

I have just replaced and enabled a cache while at GZ, using the Geocaching app (iOS) and received e-mail confirmation a few seconds later, however the app continued to show the cache to be disabled.

Well over two hours after enabling the cache, viewing the listing (accessed from the app, via list or map) still shows the cache to be disabled, even though ‘Activity’ shows that it has been enabled (I've also noticed that the last activity (shown on the opening screen for a cache), doesn't refresh until it is selected, going back then indicates the true latest activity).

I also enabled a cache this morning, with the same experience.  After I got home and looked it up on the web site on my computer, it showed as Enabled.  I went back to my phone and swiped my finger down and it was refreshed on the app.  Thanks for the info, just when I needed it.  

On 11/25/2022 at 5:27 AM, ukkijaai said:

Refreshing the web page works for browser but how to refresh in Geocaching app? I have never learned that basic trick! 

Open the cache in the app and then swipe down with your finger.

I just had this problem this morning while enabling a disabled cache. Glad I was able to find this remedy. It worked!

Thank you!