Virtual cache denial

Lazair lll

I submitted an unusual monument, that is located on our Main St. very busy and open. the site is surrounded by a lovely flower garden. Long story short ... after many attempts to get this spot approved, I've been met with total resistance... They think I should be able to hide something nearby.

As we are not allowed to bury a cache, I can't see how! Also there would be no way for anyone to locate one with the traffic in the area. icon_confused.gifEMAIL]lazairlll@hotmail.com[/email]

Had the same thing happen to the one that I tried to get approved. Kept asking me different questions then denied it anyway as it didnt meet the "uniqueness". I enjoy the virtuals with some type of history attached but desided to give up as it is obvious they dont want to approve them anyway.

Before doing anything else I would suggest emailing the approver and asking what specifically is the reason for not approving your virtual. With an answer in hand you can then go out to the caching community for help or advice. The approvers are all experienced cachers and have a set of guide-lines to direct them.

Good luck, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

They seem to think that you can hide at the least a mini-cache anywhere, however as it may be physically possible it is not always legal or feasible. The uniqueness they are looking for is (Their example) the CN tower.

I strongly believe at this point that they are trying to phase out Virtuals because many people don't like them for various reasons.

Lazair what you may want to consider is creating a multicache and have your virtual location as one of the steps in finding the final. Make it so that the cache hunter must obtain a clue from a plaque or any other distinctive feature that would be used to calculate the coords for the next step or the final cache. The final could be hidden within walking distance of the monument or even require a short drive by car.

I know that doesn't solve your delemma with creating a virtual but it would accomplish your wish to have cachers visit a very nice spot.

Personally I feel that as the years go by and traditional caches begin to over-saturate, we will be almost forced to use the virtual and locationless concept even more than we do now and I'm sure the admin recoqnize this.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

Try what I did to get a cache approved, post the discription of the cache here and ask for others to give their thoughts. Then ask the approver to look at the post if you get enough support. I feel that there is an approver out there who dose not like virtual caches. If it is who I think it is, how can they approve caches when it appears that they have never hidden or found a cache them-selves?

would be interested to know who it was please e-mail me and let me know who it is. I had to fight to get mine approved as well one got approved and I gave up on the other as I found a traditional cache near-by

wilkinsj@ucalgary.ca

"I don't want to satirize him I want to Vaporize Him"

Tom Lehrer