Ammo Cans

PDOP's

I get my Ammo Can's for around $10 at Beaver Army Surplus

I don't know if they have much of a website but if you're in Toronto go to 401/Dufferin, get off and go South approx 500m to:

43.72099 N 79.45595W (East Side at Sparrow)

Beavers Surplus Exchange Ltd.

3269 Dufferin St.

Toronto, Ontario

M6A 2T4

Tel: (416) 784-1161

Fax: (416) 784-1163

email: beavers@shopdome.com

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

quote:
Originally posted by mrcpu:

I get my Ammo Can's for around $10 at Beaver Army Surplus

I don't know if they have much of a website but if you're in Toronto go to 401/Dufferin, get off and go South approx 500m to:

43.72099 N 79.45595W (East Side at Sparrow)

Beavers Surplus Exchange Ltd.

3269 Dufferin St.

Toronto, Ontario

M6A 2T4

Tel: (416) 784-1161

Fax: (416) 784-1163

email: beavers@shopdome.com

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Man, when I saw $20 bucks per can and then shipping, I'd have to have my head examined to pay out that kind of cabbage for something that's gonna get stolen once I abandon it out in the wild. But 10 bucks a can I can handle, maybe I'll head out there on Saturday and pick up a few...

Thanks! You're my Hero Man!

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

quote:
Originally posted by Coupar-Angus:

Colour me frugal, but I've had great success with those $1 Tupperware knock-offs from the Dollar Store! I remember one Geocache where it took all my strength just to open the frozen ammo box lid. Subsequent seekers couldn't get it open at all - now that would be frustrating!

If you put a coating of spray silicone on the rubber gasket of the can it should end this problem. It also works wonders on your car doors as well! icon_biggrin.gif

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

Hey!

I found an Army Surplus store in Oshawa. If you need ammo cans they have them there at the same prices as in Toronto.

Stopped by today and it's got just about everything you could think of, including a WWII bazooka...

hmmmmm...WWII Bazooka...

Anyway, here's the address

Hero Army Surplus

1240 Phillip Murray Ave. Unit #11

Oshawa, ON.

L1J 6Z9

Or Follow This Link to thier web site.

Now you know.

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

quote:
Originally posted by Coupar-Angus:

Colour me frugal, but I've had great success with those $1 Tupperware knock-offs from the Dollar Store! I remember one Geocache where it took all my strength just to open the frozen ammo box lid. Subsequent seekers couldn't get it open at all - now that would be frustrating!

Colour me frugaler, but I've had great success with all sorts of FREE containers I've gotten from work (a commercial lab, the containers for bulk assay chemicals are usually waterproof) or, better yet, 2kg peanut butter jars that have been *very* well cleaned.

Binthair in Ottawa appears to have had enough success with painted frozen yoghurt and ice cream tubs to keep on using them 25+ caches later.

Mind you, I have been impressed by ammo cans, but my second reaction, after "What, pay $14.95 for a container that I hope won't go missing to some fascinated 12 year old?" is "Yeah, right, mister, tell me again what you were doing in the woods talking to satellites holding an ammunition can someone on the internet told you about ..." icon_rolleyes.gif

A note of caution about Crown Surplus

I've tried to order from them a couple of times with no success. The order appears to be taken OK but nothing ever happens. They haven't answered numerous inquiries by e-mail and I'm reluctant to waste a bunch of long distance charges inquiring about a $5 item. At least there were no charges to my credit card.

I ended up buying one of the same boxes from Princess Auto for $9.99

http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/