Top Five Geocaches in Canada

pdhealey

I haven't really posted the forums very often so forgive me if this has already been covered. Name up to 5 outstanding caches you've visited in Canada.

I realize that geocaching is about participation but we all know that a well hidden cache in beautiful area is better than the peanut butter container in the local park.

Let's recognize the outstanding ones. Plus I want to visit them. With all the caches available now I'm finding it hard to pick which ones are worth going to.

I'll start by nominating Short-Cut to the Old Cabin by Couparangus.

Of the real caches I've found so far (discounting virtual/locationless ones) the best one I've been to is GC5D5F - "Geocache" by Andy & Curtis.

OK, the name could use some improvement icon_wink.gif, but it's location is beautiful - on the side of a steep hill on the shoreline overlooking the Bay of Fundy, near St John, NB. The cache is about 10 metres up from the water pounding on the rocks & shoreline. Can be done when tide is up, but I approached it from below, during low tide.

GPComd.

Contents under pressure, do not puncture.

Of the real caches I've found so far (discounting virtual/locationless ones) the best one I've been to is GC5D5F - "Geocache" by Andy & Curtis.

OK, the name could use some improvement icon_wink.gif, but it's location is beautiful - on the side of a steep hill on the shoreline overlooking the Bay of Fundy, near St John, NB. The cache is about 10 metres up from the water pounding on the rocks & shoreline. Can be done when tide is up, but I approached it from below, during low tide.

GPComd.

Contents under pressure, do not puncture.

GPComd, I'm from NB and I will definitely look for the cache you mentioned next time I go to Fundy Park. If you're ever in Mt.Carleton Prov. Park I just placed one there that should be a challenge to reach due to its remote locale, and the view is great.

I'll have to nominate Treasure Island for one of the best ones I've been to. Reasons:

1. beautiful and unusual scenery

2. can't just drive to it

3. had to do some investigation on the best way to get on the island. This is a puzzle unto itself

4. a very nice canoe ride without power boats trying to swamp us

5. somewhat unusual geological feature on the island

Every hour spent geocaching is added to the end of your life

[This message was edited by boreal jeff & sons on September 02, 2002 at 06:39 PM.]