Camping & Caching - Ottawa and area cachers

Tick & Nammie

Hey folks,

Tick and I have been thinking of organizing another Ottawa & area get togeather. We thought a fun event would be to hide a cache, then go back- country camping (15 - 30 minute walk in)Saturday evening and then on the return home the next day seek the caches which were hidden.

Who would be interested? When? Where? I was thinking June 22nd and 23rd as that's the first weekend children are out of school and vacation for most folks will not start until after that. However, I just saw Malak's plan for a Montreal get togeather for the weekend before so maybe the date isn't perfect.

As for the where???? In Frontenac Park about 2hrs and 15 minutes from Ottawa there are great back country sites which are about 20 minutes away from the parking lot, so there wouldn't be a problem for children.

If we are going to go on the 22nd we will need to book very quickly, if it isn't already too late.

Please reply with your thoughts, and if there is enough interest we can nail down the plans in the next 2-3 days.

Cheers,

Nammie

Hi you two icon_smile.gif

I think that's a GREAT idea. Not sure about the date though as I think I'm already booked for that weekend. Maybe the following one?...Might spread it out a bit further from Malak's as well. But it certainly would be fun to camp out in Frontenac. For those who haven't been there it's an awesome place! Also close to Kingston so those folks could attend tooicon_smile.gif Which cluster of campsites were you eyeballing anyway?....The ones closest to the "secret parking spot"? lol

Also how much is an overnight permit?

Ok I'm getting excited now icon_smile.gif)))))

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

Hi you two icon_smile.gif

I think that's a GREAT idea. Not sure about the date though as I think I'm already booked for that weekend. Maybe the following one?...Might spread it out a bit further from Malak's as well. But it certainly would be fun to camp out in Frontenac. For those who haven't been there it's an awesome place! Also close to Kingston so those folks could attend too:) Which cluster of campsites were you eyeballing anyway?....The ones closest to the "secret parking spot"? lol

Also how much is an overnight permit?

Ok I'm getting excited now icon_smile.gif)))))

sig.jpg

Cool!

Sounds great to me if our schedule can be arranged to accomodate it. Last time I camped in Frontenac was at Doe Lake. I seem to recall that only 3 tents were allowed there. It may be a similar situation at the north end. So group camping may be a problem. Camping fees in '98 were $7 a head.

If Frontenac doesn't work out, perhaps Murphy's Point would be an alternative. For sure they allow group camping there. I've also got a few ideas for caching spots around there...LOL.

Oh, I just remembered! The Gould Lake Conservation Area just south of Frontenac Park has a group camping area, great trails which are just as tough as Frontenac, and a good beach!

Anyway, I hope something can be worked out.

Cheers,

binthair icon_wink.gif

Cool!

Sounds great to me if our schedule can be arranged to accomodate it. Last time I camped in Frontenac was at Doe Lake. I seem to recall that only 3 tents were allowed there. It may be a similar situation at the north end. So group camping may be a problem. Camping fees in '98 were $7 a head.

If Frontenac doesn't work out, perhaps Murphy's Point would be an alternative. For sure they allow group camping there. I've also got a few ideas for caching spots around there...LOL.

Oh, I just remembered! The Gould Lake Conservation Area just south of Frontenac Park has a group camping area, great trails which are just as tough as Frontenac, and a good beach!

Anyway, I hope something can be worked out.

Cheers,

binthair icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by malak:

As for your event, T&N, my birthday is June 24

Holy smokes, you should see the party they hold for him in Montreal too! People even get the day off! Incredible! lol

Pssssst Missy's b-day too Don.

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by cliffy:

quote:
_Originally posted by malak:

_

Holy smokes, you should see the party they hold for him in Montreal too! People even get the day off! Incredible! lol

Quebec is truly a progressive society, Cliffy. Imagine that, a holiday in Quebec for a Bloke! icon_wink.gif

Happy Birthday, Missy. icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by cliffy:

quote:
_Originally posted by malak:

_

Quebec is truly a progressive society, Cliffy. Imagine that, a holiday in Quebec for a Bloke! icon_wink.gif

Happy Birthday, Missy. icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Hey folks,

Since the 22nd doesn't work for most of you, I will have to do a little investigation on park availability and get back to you in the next couple of weeks because the following weekend is Canada Day and I am then out of province until July 17th.

Cheers,

Nammie