Message Center emoji showing incorrectly

GeePa

Message Center use to show emoji correctly (I usually press Win+; to get a list and pick one) but now it is either coming up as a small square or some kind of Asian character.  It looks fine when I am typing them but once I hit send they change.  The small snippet in the pane on the left that shows the first few characters of recent messages to different cachers does display correctly I have noticed.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, GeePa said:

Message Center use to show emoji correctly (I usually press Win+; to get a list and pick one) but now it is either coming up as a small square or some kind of Asian character.  It looks fine when I am typing them but once I hit send they change.  The small snippet in the pane on the left that shows the first few characters of recent messages to different cachers does display correctly I have noticed.

Same for me.

• Upvote 1
On 10/25/2022 at 12:58 PM, worrellsquirrel said:

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have made our engineers aware so they can begin looking for a solution.

Wow is this all it takes? I have about a hundred bugs (okay, not really - probably about 30 or 40) that have been ignored for ages - although all were reported here. Would be nice to see them all fixed. Maybe I should collate them to a single document...

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
On 10/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, GeePa said:

I'm still experiencing this issue. Any update from HQ please?

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
On 10/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, GeePa said:

I'm still experiencing this problem, two months after it was reported. All I see now is a small box instead of the the emoji. Any chance the engineers could have a look at this problem?

Thanks HQ. 👍😀👍

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
On 10/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, wendykmj said:

Emojis not working here as well...... have not changed anything on my tablet. Its just stopped working for no reason.

Hi worrellsquirrel,

Emojis are OK on the Andriod App but not on the Internet (Web Pages).

I am using Windows 10 + Firefox and the problem isn't fixed after several weeks.

Looks like a little reminder to your engineers is needed...

Regards!

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1