Percentage FPs not updating

barefootjeff

Looking at the percentage FPs on my caches that have been found in the last few weeks, it appears the calculated percentage isn't taking into account those recent finds:

• GC9M6X5 last found 20/10/22, 5 PM finds, 4 FPs, %FP = 75%
  • GC9TW3Y last found 15/10/22, 7 PM finds, 4 FPs, %FP = 67%
  • GC6FQN8 last found 15/10/22. 14 PM finds, 3 FPs, %FP = 23%
  • GC9702Q last found 12/10/22, 14 PM finds, 7 FPs, %FP = 54%
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 10/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, worrellsquirrel said:

Hi @barefootjeff,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our engineers are currently looking into potential solutions.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

The four caches I mentioned in my original post (GC9M6X5, GC9TW3Y, GC6FQN8 and GC9702Q) are still showing incorrect favourite point percentages. Curiously, GC9TW3Y had a new finder in early November who didn't give it an FP so it now has 4 FPs from 8 PM finds, yet the percentage shown is now 57% (previously it was showing 67% when it had 4 FPs from 7 finds).

I have a new cache (GCA25XJ) that can also be added to the list. It was published on Sunday morning and had 3 finders that day, all of whom gave it an FP, and at that time it was correctly showing 100%, but on Tueday (now two days ago) it had another finder (also a PM) who didn't give it an FP but it's still showing 100%.

Edited by barefootjeff

With my recently published cache I have observed something similar. All premium members gave the cache a FP (100% Favorites/Premium Logs). Then I wrote a note and since then the calculation of the percentages is no longer correct (83% Favorites/Premium Logs). It seems that my note as a premium member is included in the calculation by mistake.

Possibly my observation is wrong if a premium member logged and added a FP later. This would be the same issue that barefootjeff described.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, worrellsquirrel said:

Hi @barefootjeff,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our engineers are currently looking into potential solutions.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Three months on...

I now have two caches (GC9M6X5 and GCA25XJ) with 4 FPs from 5 PM finds, yet both are showing 75% FPs. Are your engineers still looking into potential solutions or has it gone into the too hard basket? If it's too much trouble to calculate the correct percentage, maybe it shouldn't be shown at all as incorrect data is of no use to anyone.

• Helpful 2