Team KFWB GPS Caches

Curious George

There has been a lot of talk about the Team KFWB caches on these forums. The Team has also been receiving a large number of e-mails, over 2,000 at last count, many of them negative in nature.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the Team indicating that they were feeling frustrated and were going to put things on hold until they decided what to do.

The Team has been trying to do something postitive for the sport of geocaching. They have been extremely generous to us. Yet they continue to receive a lot of negative feedback. They have had enough.

We had a great opportunity here, and now it is gone.

There were many theories about why the TEAM was doing what is was doing. There were no hidden agendas - they were trying to do something that was fun, and it became unfun for them. If this has been a grand experiment about human nature, then I feel that we have failed miserably.

With the Team's permission I am posting the message they sent to me this morning, it is fairly self-explanatory.

HI CURIOUS GEORGE FROM TEAM KFWB GPS!

THANKS FOR YOUR 11:40 AM TUESDAY E MAIL.

WE HAVE HAD MANY E MAILS FROM VARIOUS CACHERS SUGGESTING WE DO THINGS THIS OR THAT WAY - IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE! WE USE CAPITAL LETTERS TO MAKE FOR EASIER READING, AND WE GET NASTY LETTERS SAYING WE ARE BEING RUDE.

SOMEONE SUGGESTED WE USE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR CACHES WITH CASH IN THEM, THEN CHANGE ALL THIS TO SMALL LETTERS WHEN THE MONEY HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CACHE. WE GET HELL FOR CHANGING A 'START TIME', YET WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR OTHER CACHERS. WE ARE ACCUSED OF DOING SOMETHING DEVIOUS. IF WE POST CACHES IN REMOTE PLACES THEN NEWCOMERS MAY NOT KNOW THEY ARE ACTUALLY LOCATED ON VANCOUVER ISLAND, UNLESS THEY CHECK EACH INDIVIDUAL CACHE PAGE TO SEE IF IT SAYS 'IGNORE THE ABOVE POSITIONS' ETC. OTHERS SUGGEST WE HAVE ANOTHER WEB PAGE - IT GOES ON AND ON - HELP!

IT HAS BECOME IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO ANSWER THE DOZENS OF E MAILS WE RECEIVE DAILY. THERE IS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WORK THAT GOES INTO THIS - THIS OPERATION IS NOT A MONEY MAKING PROPOSITION (NOR WAS IT INTENDED TO BE!).

THERE ARE TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS TO SOME OF OUR EQUIPMENT, WHERE WE MUST PHYSICALLY BE IN A CERTAIN PLACE, AND THAT COULD HAVE BEEN IN VICTORIA, AND NOT AT A REMOTE SITE.

THERE HAS BEEN SO MUCH NEGATIVE TALK ON THE FORUM PAGE THAT THIS WHOLE THING HAS GONE TOTALLY INSANE.

TEAM KFWB GPS IS TERMINATING OPERATIONS IN THIS AREA, AND WILL ARCHIVE ALL THE CACHES AND HAVE THE CACHE CONTAINERS REMOVED.

IT'S TOO BAD THAT A FEW CACHERS HAVE TAKEN ALL THE FUN OUT OF DOING THIS. TEAM KFWB GPS HAS STARTED OPERATIONS ELSEWHERE - THE FIRST CACHE BEING 'SHADOW OF THE WOLF' THAT APPEARS ON THE CACHE PAGE.

IF WE HAD RELEASED OUR NEXT BIG DOLLAR CACHE 'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS' IT WAS TO HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST ONE YET, CONTAINING A GARMIN 76S, A GARMIN STREET PILOT, A GARMIN ETREX, AN OLYMPUS DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER, $1,000.00 IN CASH, A GRUNDIG WORLD RECEIVER, AN HP DIGITAL CAMERA, A SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER, A STEREO RADIO, AND ENOUGH OTHER ITEMS TO FILL FIVE LOCK AND LOCK BOXES.

WE WILL HAVE TO USE THIS CACHE IN ANOTHER LOCATION.

SEVERAL MEMBERS MAKE UP THE TEAM KFWB GPS - THE CONSENSUS IS TO AVOID VIRTUALLY ALL OF SOUTHERN VANCOUVER ISLAND. THIS WOULD MEAN NO CACHE WOULD BE LOCATED WITHIN AT LEAST 100 MI. OF THE NORTHERN LIMITS OF THE CITY OF VICTORIA.

FEEL FREE TO USE CLIPPINGS FROM OUR LAST E MAIL TO YOU, OR THIS NOTE.

THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF OUR POSITION - WE DID NOT WANT THIS OPERATION TO BECOME LIKE A GOVERNMENT RUN AGENCY WITH MORE AND MORE REGULATIONS.

GEOCACHING IN GENERAL SHOULD BE KEPT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS!

TEAM KFWB GPS

It is with great saddness that I sit here and read about the TEAM's resignation. Like all things in life they come to an end. However, it would have been nicer to see this end on a positive note rather than a said note. I have come to realize that some people cannot be grateful for what they have or for what they are given, but for what they don't have and for what they want. I would like to take a moment and thank the TEAM for all that they have done to put smiles on so many faces. Personally I have not been able to do as many caches as I would like to have, do to my very busy work schedule. The couple of caches I've been to and the points gathered for WATCHERS, truly made for an enjoyable time. I now feel a bit of a void having not met the so many people I feel I have come to know through all the wonderful stories and pictures posted in your many caches.I would just like to say one more thing. Yesterday is already a dream and tommorrow is only a vision but today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tommorrow a vision of hope. TEAM if you remember all the happy times of yesterday and could muster up a vision for tommorrow I'm sure you would once again put alot of smiles back on some long faces. Take care and thankyou! GeoChamp!!!

Before we got into caching, we used go up on those logging roads to just drive around. Going after the team caches gave us a great excuse to go up there more often, and go down roads we wouldn't normally go down. I AM REALLY DISSAPOINTED to hear that we are all losing that. Yes, I know there are other caches out there, but the team caches were a little more exciting, and challenging. I may be a newbie, but I do know when we've lost something good. In the short time we've been doing this, the team has challenged us to expand our knowledge about navigating far beyond just entering co-ords into a gps. Thanks for that team KFWB GPS. Team Raven will miss checking the page every morning to see if you have posted a new one. icon_frown.gif

There are several emotions that swept through me when I realized this was the end of a VERY GOOD THING!

SHOCK - I was expecting the Team caches to end in a blaze of glory...but they were not given this opportunity.

FURY - That the views of a few, who didn't know when to stop, have terminated some of the most enjoyable experiences that I have had in a long time.

SADNESS - To realize that the extraordinary experience of Watcher's would not be re-lived.

DISAPPOINTMENT - That fellow cachers would not have realized that condeming the very generous Team KFWB would result in today's notice.

FRUSTRATION - That I can not do anything about this!

REMORSE - That I had not made the time to get to more Team KFWB caches.

GRATEFUL - That I had the experience of a lifetime...I will tell my children about the wonderful times and people!! I will always remember what a great feeling it was to camp out with 11 others on Saturna Island...I sincerely hope we can get together again.

Daggett

I just don't get it why someone would complain about these TEAM KFWB GPS caches. They are probably the one group who has placed the best prizes in a cache and have probably made the most interesting and challenging ones (from reading the cache descriptions). I am sure the people that complain, probably do so at everything in everyday life...and they are probably just jealous of these caches and the prizes in them, knowing that they would never have the pleasure of finding one.

Atleast from the sounds of it, TEAM KFWB GPS hasn't given up completely. maybe if they are ever on vacation in Ontario, near the Toronto area, they would place a challenging cache here for us to do...I know I would welcome it and enjoy doing it....prize or no prize.

http://ca.geocities.com/rsab2100/pond.html

man i hate sensitive keys-boards...any way.. I loved the play by plays...hope everyone learns a lesson from all this.....It's just a game....Be grateful that we can play it...and a Big thanks to the TEAM..see you around....soon???? R

If people persist in trespassing upon the grizzlies territory,we must accept that the grizzlies,

from time to time,will harvest a few trespassers.

-- Edward Abbey

Some peaple just plain suck period. I just started geocacheing about a month ago & after getting to know more about Team KFWB, I always looked forward to hear more about this group.

What get's me though are those who complained. Heck if those of you don't like what Team KFWB did/does or done...too friggin bad. Nobody forced anyone of you to their caches so why ruin it for everyone else.

Well hopefully KFWB will come back to these parts in the future but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime.

I'm sure my name is major mud with Curious George and others on this forum, but am replying anyway because the Team K resignation letter posted at the top of this forum by Curious George refers twice to a suggestion made by me, and also to one I was contemplating but decided against.

When I first saw the news I was in shock like many others, and I didn't realize it had anything to do with me. Of the over 2000 messages Team K has received, my few cache logs all were appreciative and friendly (in fact even a bit more appreciative and friendly than my cache logs normally are, in recognition of all the effort Team K has put into geocaching on the Island). My e-mail, which was intended in a constructive spirit of being helpful and suggesting a solution to a problem, was very carefully worded (unlike my comments on the other forum) in an effort to avoid sounding critical.

But when I re-read the resignation letter I noticed the several references to my forum comments and began to wonder if they may have been the last straw, and the camel's back was broken before my email was even sent.

When I say the last straw, I mean of course that the camel's back was already so heavily burdened from being part of a team that created 80 caches, being the individual whose job it was to keep everything in order on the website and deal with over 2000 notifications and e-mails, and on top of that feeling the need to try to keep everyone happy. It's no wonder it only took a straw to break! I certainly don't believe that Team K abandoned Vancouver Island because of anything one Loonie Easter Bunny said. I expect this project has just been so intense that burnout happened.

For the record, when I suggested posting the "ignore coordinates" at a remote location instead of right in town, I was thinking of someplace like the logging roads out by Jordan River or between Port Renfrew and Shawnigan, because that is where I understood many of those caches to be. I was not suggesting changing the actual location of any caches. To my mind this would have helped simplify a confusing situation on the web site.

Although my loss is not as acute as some others, the departure of Team K will leave a big hole for me. I very much enjoyed doing some of their easy caches and armchair-watching the challenging ones. My intention was to constructively suggest a way of solving a problem.

[This message was edited by Loonie Easter Bunnies on January 09, 2003 at 12:24 PM.]

Has anyone here heard the expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?"

Lighten up people. If you don't like a particular cache, or the methods used to place it, or ALL CAPS (for crying out loud) then don't play that particular cache.

This is a good example of how a few people can put a damper on something really good.

Did it cost you anything? No.

Were you forced to find Team KFWB caches. No.

Is it really a big problem to have Team KFWB caches show up in your weekly cache lists? No.

I've only been geocaching for a few weeks and have been following the discussions regarding the Team KFWB caches and am surprised that they didn't shut this down before now.

I am excited about what Team KFWB is up to. It is different. It is challenging. It is extremely generous. It is good for geocaching. It is fun.

To think that Team KFWB is changing geocaching so that people will only hunt caches that have large sums of money or expensive items in them is ludicrous. Grow up. Really. I don't care what Team KFWB's motivation is -- it's fun. And now you've made it not fun for the people that it matters for the most -- Team KFWB.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THEIR CACHES IF YOU DON"T AGREE WITH THEM.

And now you've made it so that those who do enjoy the challenges of Team KFWB caches can't do them anymore. Pretty selfish of you if you ask me.

I hope everyone reads through each post in the Team KFWB GPS post by MarinerBC so that they can fully appreciate the ridiculous complaints and suggestions that you've posted. You desperately need to find something more constructive to do with your time.

I'm glad that I don't live on the Island. I'd be very embarrased by all of this. In fact, even though I live in the Vancouver area, I am embarrased.

Team KFWB, please don't stop placing your caches in BC -- we really do have a great deal to offer. I have been looking foward to doing your caches and am sad that a few have ruined it for you and the many that like the excitement that you've created.

Keep up the good work Team KFWB -- there are many of us who do like what you've been doing. If there is anything that I can personally do to assist you in your pursuits, please let me know -- I'd be glad to help.

Thanks so much for making it more interesting and please accept my apologies for those who don't know how to conduct themselves in a respectful manner.

-----

[This message was edited by Jomarac5 on January 09, 2003 at 12:09 AM.]

I really hope the team doesn't stop their caches as I think they are a benefit to all people. Even though I did try the Watcher's point of view, it did start to get too expensive for me to finish it, but I enjoyed finding 7 of the clues related to the cache and at least 2 that I didn't find but that's all part of the game. icon_wink.gif

I really wish that people who don't like an aspect of any cache would just shut the hell up and do what they want to do and let others do what they want to do, after all these caches were not hurting anyone as far as I am concerned.

Whether a cache has great loot such as money or a new GPS or just a few trinkets, does it really matter? Just go and do them and enjoy yourself.

As far as I am concerned no one should say what caches should contain or how complicated they should be except for the person placing the cache.

In closing, I hope that Team KFWB GPS continue with what they are doing and just ignore all the negative emails and or posts that people are sending.

Seems to me that Vancouver Island has now turned into one big school yard. The kid with the biggest and best ball has decided to go home with his ball and now the rest of the children are fighting. We are now seeing bullys and gangs forming wanting to beat up someone or something. As everybody says, it's just a game folks.

I promise to drag out my inner child, kick it in the butt and play nice. Will anyone else make that promise?

We live on a rock, ergo we rockcrawl.......

So much of what I feel has already been said, both in this thread and the other. My only experience was that everyone I met doing KFWB caches was friendly, out for the fun and appreciative (and amazed) at the effort the TEAM had put into the caches. Says something about those that must be complaining, and I think makes the loss all that more poignant for those of us who enjoyed doing the caches.

It's always sad when the assholes win.

A wholehearted thanks goes out to the TEAM, I hope someday you can return to these parts and once again provide us with some wonderful mental stimulation, and show us more of the wonderful places BC has to offer.

See you in the hills!

Evan

Th' Cap'n goes away fer just a few monfhs an' all 'ell breaks loose...

Mutiny, accuasations...folks swingin' frem th' yardarm...effigies aburnin'...

Is th' Cap'n gonna 'ave t' come up an' sort ye lots out?! Ye doesna wanna tryfle wi' NB now does ye...

Now TRY an Keep yer sail 'igh, an' move swiftly...

Th' Cap'n, tW and th' Pi Rats

Keep yer sail 'igh, 'nd move swiftly,

:rolleyes: Captain No Beard and the Pi Rats

I don't even live in Canada and I had a watch on those caches. I even posted a note a couple of times. I am not a mathematical or geodesic whiz by any means but I was able to help to out with what a Douglas Fir was. It was fun and interesting to see who would go for it. It was fun to watch MrGigabyte get involved. I'm sorry the world has a few ingrates that want to pee in the punch. TEAM, come to my neck of the woods! I'll search for your caches with glee! And maybe learn a lot in the process. I'll put a watch on any future caches you place as well, they are very cool. Thanks for the learning experience TEAM!

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

From what I can gather, Team K's biggest caches have had anywhere from 0 to 12 finders, the next one would maybe have seen about 16-20. These people would be the few who feel the biggest loss. Next would be the many more who, like myself, have been avidly following the adventures by watching, and maybe sometimes finding some of the lesser challenging caches ourselves. We certainly felt shock at Curious George's news and continue to feel a degree of loss but it's not as acute as the first group. Beyond that, there is also a silent majority of cachers on Vancouver Island who haven't involved themselves as closely, but because I've been so caught up in this business, I really can't speculate how much it affects them.

If there's still anyone looking for a target to sling some mud at, please see my January 9th post on the other forum.

What’s done is done. Im sure the cachers in question feel bad as it is. Lets all try to get past this.

The loss of TEAM KFWB has affected me personally a great deal, But I will get over it.

CG will be posting later today with a bit of good news. DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP the team is gone. Let sleeping dogs er ducks lie.

Dagg

We're all saddened (at least most of us) at the loss of Team KFWB Caches in our area but blaming, sulking and squabbling aren't going to get us anywhere. Unfortunately our importance in fixing the blame before fixing the problem is the way of Western Culture and it will just have to run its course. Let's put aside our differences. We are all friends just playing a GAME.

We have learned but let's not dwell on the negatives of the past. Let's remember the joyful things, the people; Zuuk, for his giddy excitement in the chase, Daggette's laughter, CDMS/FWS/JRAV's consideration, Dagg's determination and free spirit, JJ's pleasant manners, hilarious logs...the list goes on!

CHINS UP! and look to the future. No one died here. Team KFWB's original intentions were,"To take Geocaching to a new level". THEY DID! JOB DONE! They've moved on. Read through some of their once confusing cache names, it kind of all makes sense now.

Look at the Team's legacy. We now have teams and individuals that are very capable of putting out these complex caches. LET'S DO IT! We can add our own little twists. There is lots of new ideas floating around.

WHO NOW IS GOING TO TAKE GEOCACHING TO THE NEXT LEVEL? WE ARE THE CUTTING EDGE! PRESS ON REGARDLESS!

Thanks Team KFWB GPS, you should be proud of a job well done.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

We loved every minute of it.

Daggette said it best - you have created a lifetime of memories in a few short weeks.

I have always praised your caches and had nothing but positive comments for you. But I will take the lead and publicly apologize to you on behalf of the entire Southern Vancouver Island Geocaching community.

Myself and my TEAM PHOENIX team mates will continue to hunt for your caches when work schedules and logistics make it possible – I hope that you will make it possible for us Islanders to compete.

Please keep us updated on your activities.

Again, thanks.

I have never pointed fingers and I won’t start now, but there are a few things I want to say:

- some people don’t have good eyes and it’s hard to read those little cache pages, hence ALL CAPS

- hey, I don’t like my screen full of easy 1/1 walk to’s – that’s why there’s a little link at the top and bottom of every page that says NEXT – if you don’t like what you see then CLICK ON IT.

I know that some of you will say that those of us who are so upset about losing Team KFWB are making too big of a deal out of this – but you don’t have any idea how much you have taken away, and how much you have hurt a few people that were trying to do something nice for us.

If you want to know how I feel right now – imagine a little kid that all he ever wanted for Christmas was a bicycle. His parent pinched pennies and saved until they could afford it – one day there it was, a shiny new bike. Two days later it was stolen from the yard. I feel like that little kid right now. I’m not mad at anyone in particular – I’m just really upset over something that is gone.

As stated before, I am not pointing fingers at anyone and I think we should all put this unfortunate experience behind us and move on. What’s done is done and tomorrow is another day.

To TEAM UNDERDOG – we know who you are – too bad you won’t get to try and beat us to any KFWB caches.

To end on a positive note – TEAM PHOENIX will pick up where TEAM KFWB left off. We don’t have $$$ to put in caches, but we will start placing caches that will require both physical and intellectual effort to find, watch for them.

I've had a jackass take some of the fun out of caching for awhile. We never did see eye to eye and in the end I think we agreed to disagree. Though I'm not really sure on that either since that would take communications.

I've read some of the Teams caches, never did figure out what they were about though I did figure out they do things where I'm not at. I've only heard good things about the Team.

So grow some thicker skin or the dorks who send emails will win.

Wherever you go there you are.

I just wanted to say I am shocked and saddened by the news that I just read. I will miss trying to wrap my brain around the puzzles they presented. I tried to plot them all even with the knowledge that I would probably never get to most of them. I thank the TEAM for getting me out there even in the dark icon_smile.gif to try to plot a position I couldn't even see But Hey I was having fun!! This will not stop me from searching for caches wherever I go now and I thank them for kickstarting me just at the time I got a gps.

Thanks again TEAM for a jobhobby well done

Buzzle and Brieze

The Nite owls icon_frown.gif

The last week has been tough on a lot of people - let's all try to put it behind us and move on. We are all friends playing the same game, it should stay that way!

And now for the news:

For those of you that have been following this thread.....I got my bicycle back icon_biggrin.gif

---

User TEAM KFWB GPS has contacted you with the following message:

HI CURIOUS GEORGE!

IN THE PAST TWO DAYS THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 800 VIEWS ON 'YOUR' FORUM PAGE RE TEAM KFWB GPS ABANDONING OPERATIONS. WE HAVE RECEIVED DOZENS OF E-MAILS FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND THE USA URGING US NOT TO QUIT.

THE TEAM HAS THEREFORE DECIDED TO BOW TO THE MAJORITY AND CARRY ON OPERATIONS.

WE HAVE SEVERAL DOZEN CACHES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET, INCLUDING A BIG DOLLAR ONE.

WE WILL BE ESTABLISHING A NEW TEAM NAME TO RUN PARALLEL WITH THE TEAM KFWB GPS CACHES! THE NEW NAME WILL BE "X-TREME (GPS) TEAM". THE "X-TREME (GPS) TEAM" WILL PUT ON EXTREMELY EXCITING AND DIFFICULT CACHES THAT WILL MAKE EVEN THE PAST BIG DOLLAR CACHES SEEM LIKE POVERTY!

THEY WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT, COVER A LARGE AREA, AND WILL REQUIRE A LOT OF TIME TO PLAN.

INFORMATION ON THESE CACHES MAY APPEAR ON A SPORADIC BASIS OR INSTANTANEOUSLY.

GONE WILL BE THE DAYS OF "GUESSING" WHERE THE CACHE IS PLACED. EVERYONE NOW WILL HAVE TO DO THE GRUNT WORK!!

HOPE THIS NEWS CHEERS YOU UP A BIT! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT THESE PAST FEW DAYS....

CHEERS

TEAM KFWB GPS/X-TREME (GPS) TEAM

We are so happy to read the opening statement of your log CG. "The last week has been tough on a lot of people - let's all try to put it behind us and move on We are all friends playing the same game, it should stay that way!"

icon_smile.gif Even though we are fairly new at this Geo caching and the dispute of KFWB really didn't apply to us we felt the anger boiling over to the valley cachers. We've met some wonderful people from both down island mid island and around the comox valley and it would be a really sad day if the fun and enjoyment of the game couldn't continue. Once again we congratulate you for a statement well made and may the happiness of the sport return. Happy caching to one and all.

*We are teaching our Zoe dog to sniff out Tupperware...*

Glad to see tha' a simple threat of havin' t' tangle wi' th' swashbuckl'rs sabre had ye all runnin' fer cuver...

Now, enuf o' this flamin' yadderin', get on wi' th' game so's I donna havsta threatin' t' come ups thar an' get ye's back in line agin!

N.B.

Try to...

Keep yer sail 'igh, 'nd move swiftly,

:rolleyes: Captain No Beard and the Pi Rats

Jomarac5 posted

quote:
You really don't get it do you?

Unfortunately I do get it...... icon_frown.gif

I bet there are a few people that have posted here that are feelin' pretty stoopid right about now, huh?

Curious George posted

quote:
The last week has been tough on a lot of people - let's all try to put it behind us and move on. We are all friends playing the same game, it should stay that way!

Easy for you to say now that you have your bike back. There were things said here, in private e-mails, and in person that stepped on a lot of toes and in one case, dang near crushed them.

I believe some public apologies are in order, I don't expect them mind you, but they are in order.

In my case, it will be some time before all the water is under the bridge on this.

We live on a rock, ergo we rockcrawl.......

OR we could keep arguing! ya that sounds like fun!

someone get me a bucket!

we are all grown ups here. if you can't stand the heat...

Dagg

Know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado,

hot-f*#*in'-pink, with whaleskin hubcaps and all-leather cow interior and big

brown baby seal eyes for headlights... yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in

that baby doing 115 miles an hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, suckin' down

quarter pound cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non-

biodegradable styrofoam containers... yeah! And when I'm done suckin' down

those greaseball burgers I'm gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the

side, and there ain't a goddamn thing anybody can do about it. You know why?

Because we got the bombs, that's why... yeah! Two words--nuclear f*#@in'

weapons, OK? Russia, Czechoslovakia, Romania, they can have all the democracy

they want...they can have a democracy cakewalk right through the middle of

Tienamen Square and it won't make a lick of f*#@in' difference, because we got

the bombs, OK? John Wayne's not dead--he's frozen! And when we find a cure for

cancer, we're gonna thaw out the Duke and he's gonna be pretty pissed off. You

know why? You ever taken a cold shower? Well, multiply that by 15 million

times--that's how pissed off the Duke's gonna be. I'm gonna get the Duke and

John Casavetti and Sam Peckinpaw and a case of f*&@in' whisky and drive..

[This message was edited by Dagg on January 11, 2003 at 07:33 PM.]

LEB

I think you might be refering to the sunglasses that Jimmy James lost.... I found them, and Im selling them on Ebay.

1:30 am just got back from cachin time for some sleep.

For all those who oppose. Kindly go suck farts from a dead seal.[icon_biggrin.gif]

Thanks

Dagg

Okay, this is really getting stupid. Remember, after several organized events and encounters in the field, this is no longer an anonymous forum. We all know each other and we know how silly this is getting. Let's abide by the old adage 'least said soonest mended' and get on with caching. I for one will start, and promise this is the only post I will forthwith enter concerning this entire situation. icon_smile.gif

I've got a small group together that is planning on attacking Operation High Desert Adventure as soon as the weather permits. I've been quite excited about this cache, not for the monetary prize, but mainly for the sheer challenge of getting there (and back). Heck, I'd like to go there even without the payoff. Maybe I'll place a real cache there. (oh wait! It's in a wilderness area. I'll place the cache outside the boundary.)

Since I don't frequent the Canada forum, I really don't understand what all the brouhaha regarding Team KFWB is about, nor do I have the time to read the hundreds of posts about them to try to understand. I just came here looking for any discussions on this particular cache.

Borrowing from a couple of posts I did read, Who Cares why they create these caches and pay a monetary prize for finding them? If thats what they want to do, thats up to them. If you don't like it, don't hunt them. icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Lighten Up People. This is supposed to be fun. icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif