I hate....I love....

boreal jeff & sons

I just got back from a 200 km drive to find 4 geocaches (slim pickings around here) and now I'm relaxing, with beer and came up with this....

I hate;

1. when cache coords are changed but the change isn't highlighted on the cache page (I've gotten caught twice on this).

2. Geocachers who think their first cache hide should be the "mother-of-all" puzzles (add to the minutes the square root of half the distance to the moon divided by the circumferance of Jupiter) (you might be a nuclear physicist but I'm not)...

3. some caches are hidden in some completely irrelvent location, with no second thought as to what you are leading people into (give me a break)...

4. some people think, to create a challenging Geocache, they have to give inaccurate coords, semi-bury the cache, place cache in a thicket of thorns, poison ivy, etc, etc. ( I could hide a cache so no one could ever find but is this the name of the game?).

5. geocaches that aren't maintained (okay so Geocaching isn't your cup of tea. go and retrieve your junk and ARCHIVE it).

I love...

1. accuracte coords. (I could kiss you)...

2. well maintained caches (Take pride in your work)

3. caches that lead me to breathtaking vistas and other special places.

(Thank God)

4. caches that give me a challenge (length of hike, remote, etc)...

(Thank God)

5. cachers that know HTML so that the cache page isn't just some plain text. (Okay, not everyones a geek, this is low on my priority list but still nice)

6. Geocachers that have been doing this for 2 years. (They've gotten some experience and its just not a fad for them)

Every hour spent geocaching is added to the end of your life

[This message was edited by boreal jeff & sons on June 24, 2003 at 08:24 AM.]

We have about 200 caches in New Brunswick.. Please come here!

We Have:

Caves

Hills

Seashore (BigTime)

Birds

Walking Trails

Things to see

Do a search in New Brunswick (Not the one in New Hampshire!) and you will see!

Switching is a matter of causin' effects.

So essentially you are looking for the 'walk-up and find' variety of caches? I like those too, but I also get more satisfaction out of a find if I had to exercise the ol' grey (black) matter to figure out the find. This is especially true when the pickings are slim because you can't just rip through all the available caches in 1 day.

Bullzie