Partnership Cache attribute

Goldenwattle

On project-gc.com, I was checking out what attributes on caches I have ticked off. I have ticked all off except two. One of those is a 'Partnership Cache'. I thought, I have done one of those - GC8YP2D. To do the cache you need to find a partner in Singapore, and they here in Canberra. However that attribute wasn't on that cache. (Or is that attribute for something else?) However before I contacted the CO, I checked for that attribute on one of my caches, but couldn't find it among the choices; either that or I missed seeing it. I can do that. Does anyone know about this attribute?

The other attribute I don't have is a 'Lost and Found Tour'. What is that?

50 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

On project-gc.com, I was checking out what attributes on caches I have ticked off. I have ticked all off except two. One of those is a 'Partnership Cache'. I thought, I have done one of those - GC8YP2D. To do the cache you need to find a partner in Singapore, and they here in Canberra. However that attribute wasn't on that cache. (Or is that attribute for something else?) However before I contacted the CO, I checked for that attribute on one of my caches, but couldn't find it among the choices; either that or I missed seeing it. I can do that. Does anyone know about this attribute?

The other attribute I don't have is a 'Lost and Found Tour'. What is that?

What you describe sounds to me like a Teamwork Cache, a partnership between geocachers, as opposed to a Partnership attribute cache, which is an arrangement with Groundspeak.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=88&pgid=660

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 2

https://www.geocaching.com/about/icons.aspx

at the bottom of this page you'll see 4 "Specials"

Lost and Found Tour was used in 2010 only, for events where a touring Lackey was present.  At the time, those were 10Year! Events, they've since been changed to the current Community Celebration Event.  Not many of them available then,  and none now

Partnership was applied to some commercial and some non-commercial caches where HQ was working with another entity. The first such commercial partnership was with Timberland shoes, Europe only.  There were a couple of non-commercial partnerships, one with U.S. Public Broadcasting, the Dino Train caches.  When the current GeoTour program first started, some of those tours had it, but a new attribute was developed instead, the current GeoTour attribute. 

Both attributes (like cacti) seem to be retired.  There a 9 Partnership attribute caches still available at this time. 

https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM47HPA?sort=name&sortOrder=asc&skip=0&take=500

• Helpful 3
On 10/14/2022 at 5:17 AM, Isonzo Karst said:

Partnership was applied to some commercial and some non-commercial caches where HQ was working with another entity. The first such commercial partnership was with Timberland shoes, Europe only.  There were a couple of non-commercial partnerships, one with U.S. Public Broadcasting, the Dino Train caches.  When the current GeoTour program first started, some of those tours had it, but a new attribute was developed instead, the current GeoTour attribute. 

Both attributes (like cacti) seem to be retired.  There a 9 Partnership attribute caches still available at this time. 

https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM47HPA?sort=name&sortOrder=asc&skip=0&take=500

Reviving thread!
I wonder if anyone knows why the "partnership" attribute and actual partnering has been (presumably) retired?? Asking because I am working on a literal partnership to put something indoors in a non-profit (ie not commercial) place and it would be a good thing to do. Not crucial, as all a CO needs is permission and contact/proof... but it seems like a worthwhile thing to do, if you are Groundspeak?

On 3/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, CCFwasG said:

I wonder if anyone knows why the "partnership" attribute and actual partnering has been (presumably) retired??

"Presumably," yes; I do not believe that HQ has ever stated that they have/will retire this attribute.

That said, nowadays, "partnerships" are generally either GeoTours or trackable promotions — not one-off cache hides.

because I am working on a literal partnership to put something indoors in a non-profit

That's a partnership between you and the non-profit, not Groundspeak and the non-profit.

• Upvote 1

Reviving thread!
I wonder if anyone knows why the "partnership" attribute and actual partnering has been (presumably) retired?? Asking because I am working on a literal partnership to put something indoors in a non-profit (ie not commercial) place and it would be a good thing to do. Not crucial, as all a CO needs is permission and contact/proof... but it seems like a worthwhile thing to do, if you are Groundspeak?

Worthwhile or not, be wary - most non-profits are agenda-based, and you may be thwarted.

Best to check with a reviewer BEFORE you get anywhere with it.

I'd hate to see you raise the hopes of the NP-Org, and yourself, and put a lot of work into something that never stood a chance of getting published.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 3/14/2023 at 2:20 PM, TeamRabbitRun said:

Worthwhile or not, be wary - most non-profits are agenda-based, and you may be thwarted.

Best to check with a reviewer BEFORE you get anywhere with it.

I'd hate to see you raise the hopes of the NP-Org, and yourself, and put a lot of work into something that never stood a chance of getting published.

There are two: one is a state park and the other is a (volunteer) firehouse. Oh and a library. I suspect none have an agenda, especially as I approached them! I'm not at all worried.

8 hours ago, CCFwasG said:

There are two: one is a state park and the other is a (volunteer) firehouse. Oh and a library. I suspect none have an agenda, especially as I approached them! I'm not at all worried.

Great - I have a 'library cache', too that I'm proud of. 

Still, be careful in your cache writeup. It's easy to slip over the line. You can talk about what's there in the park and the trails they offer, the history, the beauty, the overlooks, but not the giftshop or how they're trying to fight Climate Change.

You can say that there's an admission charge to the park if you don't have a membership, but you can't encourage people to GET a membership.

You can tell cachers about how as of this year they'll have to pay for parking, but not how pissed off you are about it!

You can mention the park's regular events, but not the one who's purpose is to push back against an encroaching housing development!

Slippery slope stuff.

And, to keep this on topic, as others have said that's not a 'partnership' cache.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 3/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, Hügh said:

because I am working on a literal partnership to put something indoors in a non-profit

That's a partnership between you and the non-profit, not Groundspeak and the non-profit.

Yep it's easy to get "Teamwork" and "Partnership" attributes mixed up :)

Asking because I am working on a literal partnership to put something indoors in a non-profit

Indoor caches need to have an outdoor GPS component. And unless they're part of a GeoTour (or grandfathered oldies) the indoor component needs to not involve interacting with an employee.

Library caches are okay because the outdoor stage (GPS) gives you a call number that you should be able to find on the appropriate indoor shelf yourself.

• Funny 1