Wherigo cartridge ends but not at the final...

CheekyBrit

I'm working on a Wherigo cartridge that would take you from the posted coordinates to the second stage. From there, another stage takes you to the final. I'm fairly sure this is kosher since I've finished some cartridges in the historically significant site and had final coordinates pop up on the screen. I just wanted to clarify if that was ok if you did so where the final coordinates don't come from the cartridge itself.

(This is a different Wherigo from the star wars one or the bonus Wherigo in case you follow my other topics).

On 10/13/2022 at 1:07 AM, CheekyBrit said:

I'm working on a Wherigo cartridge that would take you from the posted coordinates to the second stage. From there, another stage takes you to the final.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:23 AM, Ranger Fox said:

Seems fine to me: the coordinates don't pop up, but instead you just follow the cartridge to the final.

Not sure if that's what the OP meant, but what if you don't get the final coordinates from the cartridge at all? The cartridge takes you to a second stage where you then use some other method, like a puzzle you find there, to get the final coordinates. Would that fly?

1 hour ago, ChriBli said:

Not sure if that's what the OP meant, but what if you don't get the final coordinates from the cartridge at all? The cartridge takes you to a second stage where you then use some other method, like a puzzle you find there, to get the final coordinates. Would that fly?

As long as any additional physical or virtual stages are added as (hidden) waypoints to the cache listing, I doubt the Reviewers would take issue.

• Helpful 2