Sarstock Toronto

gm100guy

icon_eek.gif Thats my sons response after seeing the girls doing there thing near the misting station.

The concert was great...... icon_razz.gif

The other information I have is if you go to something like this and want to use your frs radios, forget any that done have sub channels.

All 14 channels were useless and full of chatter. The only fun was answering back to someone when they keep asking where are you?

The radio's were great for keeping track of each other and letting the kids wonder around but still be in touch.

icon_biggrin.gif

gm100guy

http://members.rogers.com/gm100guy/cachepage.htm

Ontario geocachers http://groups.msn.com/GeocachinginOntario/homepage

That doesn't surprise me. even if only 0.1% of the people there had a radio, that's still 450 people on each of the 14 channels.

I hardly ever hear anything on channel 2 in my area. I guess it's because there just aren't many people using them within range of the tiny little antenna on mine.

FRS radios are great for keeping in touch. I have a set of 4 and bring them with me to trips, events, and other outings. The subchannels are a must because without them you'd hear everyone on that channel whether they're using sub-channels are not. I'm a ham radio operator too so usually I'd use my 2m radios HT's and operate on VHF. The only problem with that is none of my friends or family are licenced so sometimes all we got is FRS.

By the way the range should be roughly the same. All FRS radios transmit at .5 Watts and the antenna must be permanently attached to the radio.

Please visit the Ham Radio Forums at www.ham-radio.ca. Thank you.