What do the map symbols mean?

ThisWreckage

Those are the different types of geocaches. I seem to be unable to paste in links from my phone this morning, but if you Google "geocache types" you will get an explanation of each symbol. Green, for example, is the simplest type, the traditional: go to the coordinates and look for a container there.

The grayed out symbols mean the cache is disabled, i.e., somethings wrong, it might be damaged or missing.

If you use an iPhone (at least) to locate a chance and log the Find/Did Not find etc on the iPhone, If you select Draft the log will not show up as a find until you go the the Geocaching.com webpage for that cache and locate draft on the right side of there page and select it. Until then such a find looks like a blue circle with an exclamation point.

If when you find the cache and log it as found without selecting "Draft" is will show the find and no more action is required.

2 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

If you use an iPhone (at least) to locate a chance and log the Find/Did Not find etc on the iPhone, If you select Draft the log will not show up as a find until you go the the Geocaching.com webpage for that cache and locate draft on the right side of there page and select it. Until then such a find looks like a blue circle with an exclamation point.

On Android I can edit the draft and post it on the app. 

I had not noticed before but it looks like maybe I can do that on my iPhone. also, will need to try once find out! On the iPhone app when finder "more" art shows the number of drafts, each one has besides the log note written,  a circle with three dots. Will have to investigate that. Always something new to learn -- if I can only remember what I do learn!

Another suggestion, go to geocaching.com and click PLAY.  The menu will provide various options to learn about how to log a cache, etc. There is a whole set of rules that may be helpful too. It's a fun game and a great way to get outside and meet new people.

For the ? caches, that's a puzzle or a challenge. You have to DO something BEFORE you can claim the find/smiley.  Read the cache page and explore the website. Lots more information than offered on the app.

Have fun!

2 hours ago, Team Dromomania said:

Icon.png.e9e0be698d7f424ab687baccf19eb3bb.png         I've noticed a new icon - an exclamation mark over a blue dot marking geocaches which I had already found.  My other finds are indicated by a smiley face type icon.  What does that exclamation mark icon represent?  

That means you have a draft for it.