E-Mail spam

BIENENSALAT

1 hour ago, BIENENSALAT said:

Hallo! Kann ich irgendwie ausschalten, dass Geocaching mir zu jedem Log eine E-Mail schickt?

Es sprengt nur mein Postfach und nervt :(

Courtesy of Google Translate:

Hi! Is there a way I can turn off geocaching sending me an email for every log?

It just blows up my inbox and is annoying :(

No, you cannot stop the email notifications of logs posted to your geocaches. Monitoring logs posted to your geocaches is part of owning them.

From the guidelines (emphasis added):

Maintain cache page online

To keep the online cache page up-to-date, the cache owner must

• Monitor logs for reported problems.
  • Post an Owner Maintenance log after doing maintenance.
  • Update the cache page if conditions or coordinates change.
  • Disable a cache page when the cache is not available or you need time to fix reported problems. A cache page can stay disabled for a reasonable amount of time - generally up to four weeks.
  • Occasionally mark trackables as missing if they are not in the geocache.
  • Delete logs that appear to be false or inappropriate.

If the log notifications are blowing up your inbox, then your best bet is to add a filter to sort all log notifications to a separate email folder. Some cache owners use filters that highlight Needs Maintenance and DNF logs, but you need to monitor Found It and other logs too.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

I see you have 55 hides. It is your responsibility to read the logs and respond to problems, such as wet log, full log, cracked cache, etc. That's being a responsible cache owner. I read all the logs from my caches, as some people don't log NM logs when they should. I have though limited my active cache hides to 20, as that's all I am willing to monitor and look after. (Even then I think sometimes too many.) It seems that you have published more hides than you can handle.

I would suggest don't publish anymore caches for the time being. And then when you publish more caches, place them in a place where there will be less finders...and therefore less logs to read :).

Google Übersetzer:

Wie ich sehe, hast du 55 Häute. Es liegt in Ihrer Verantwortung, die Protokolle zu lesen und auf Probleme zu reagieren, wie z. B. nasses Protokoll, volles Protokoll, gecrackter Cache usw. Das ist ein verantwortungsbewusster Cache-Besitzer. Ich lese alle Protokolle aus meinen Caches, da einige Leute NM-Protokolle nicht protokollieren, wenn sie sollten. Ich habe jedoch meine aktiven Cache-Verstecke auf 20 begrenzt, da das alles ist, was ich bereit bin zu überwachen und zu pflegen. (Selbst dann denke ich manchmal zu viele.) Es scheint, dass Sie mehr Häute veröffentlicht haben, als Sie handhaben können.

Ich würde vorschlagen, vorerst keine Caches mehr zu veröffentlichen. Und wenn Sie dann mehr Caches veröffentlichen, platzieren Sie sie an einem Ort, an dem es weniger Finder gibt ... und daher weniger Protokolle zum Lesen :).

I did the reverse translation. One possible problem: "I see you have 55 skins." Maybe a German speaker can give the correct word for 'hides'.

Edited by Goldenwattle
  • Upvote 2
  • Funny 2
On 10/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, Goldenwattle said:

I see you have 55 hides. It is your responsibility to read the logs and respond to problems, such as wet log, full log, cracked cache, etc. That's being a responsible cache owner. I read all the logs from my caches, as some people don't log NM logs when they should. I have though limited my active cache hides to 20, as that's all I am willing to monitor and look after. (Even then I think sometimes too many.) It seems that you have published more hides than you can handle.

I would suggest don't publish anymore caches for the time being. And then when you publish more caches, place them in a place where there will be less finders...and therefore less logs to read :).

I agree completely with this, but it's interesting to note the different tack HQ have taken with ALs, where the owner is effectively taken out of the loop as soon as the Adventure goes live. We don't get notified of reviews, there's no way to report problems to the owner and the owner can't even see who's done it beyond just the first few.

Even with regular caches, there's an increasing reliance on the CHS to deal with problematic caches. From an advertising revenue perspective, set-and-forget COs throwing out heaps of caches are no doubt better for the bottom line than COs like me who place small numbers of niche caches that are unlikely to get to double-digit find counts, let alone triple digits, and then spend most of their caching time meticulously looking after those instead of going out and amassing finds on the set-and-forget trails.

• Helpful 2
  • Love 1

I am getting spam from a person that is named Tristinwucherer that has been a basic member since 3/13/2022.  

Her email asked that, "Can you bring it over E.Kane 708" on my cache Trucks and Trains.  Obviously spam as there is no such address in SC or anywhere near me.

Regarding Trucks & Trains (GC8CM9C)

Edited by TOW Vehicle
add cache name and ID