Cache Container

Uniacke Raiders

quote:
Originally posted by Uniacke Raiders:

Anyone know where I can purchase a "starfrite lock-n-lock" container. Saw this used in a local cache & thought it would be great for the cache I am about to place.

I am located in Nova Scotia.

Thanks,

Paul

N 44 54.474

W 63 46.979

I wonder what cache that was icon_biggrin.gif

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

I looked in 1 SuperStore & a couple of Crappy Tires but no luck so far. I'll check another SuperStore & Zeller's tonight.

Most of the container lids barely stay on let alone provide water resistance. Containers for food seem to generally be "tighter" but are on the smallish side.

N 44 54.474

W 63 46.979

I'd have to second eroyd about the grown men bit, but the best place I've found for Lock & Lock boxes is Zellers and Home Outfitters (another Bay off-shoot). Zellers has all shapes and sizes, but be careful, they may not be next to the rubbermaid crap.

zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

My wife's a Tupperware consultant, but I have been expressly forbidden on numerous occasions from using the containers in caches. They'd be the most valuable thing in the cache.

So it's big peanut butter jars, and ammo cans (of which I can get a free supply).

If those star-frit things are the ones with the little 'valve' in the top to vacuum seal them; they're good, but won't protect a cache when the St John River floods in the spring. It did keep all the water in the container when the water level dropped, though.

GPComd

Contents under pressure, do not puncture.

You all will be glad to hear that I finally found one of those "lock-n-lock" containers. I found it at one of the bigger Super Stores in Halifax.

I hid it yesterday (my first cache) and had my daughter look for it today...so far so good...tonight I'll submit my cache to the "cache gods" & see what happens.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

N 44 54.474

W 63 46.979