Jomarac5

So far, the following are confirmed to go:

Gorak

MrPeabody

Hairy Plotter

Dagg

Peregrine007

and myself

Curious George, Pat Patterson, MrG, Seneca, Mystery Woman, are you able to make it?

Zuuk, RobertM, and my wife, are confirmed no gos.

Anyone else know at this point if they are coming for sure?

(I still have a seat available in my boat)

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

[My boat is a barge. If I pack carefully, I can probably fit two Coleman 2 burner stoves between the cockpits of my double and I've still got lot's of room in the hatches.

I'll bring the stove along in case its needed.

Gorak

quote:
Originally posted by WCoaster:

Wow am I ever sorry I was late in finding this post.

However since the fire closure are over is there any talk of a reschedule?

Just finished kayak lessons and anxious to do some more.

icon_smile.gif

You can steer all you want, but it is all for not if your not moving forward!

Sorry didnt realize there were more pages to read.

When are we going to have the privilage of erasing our post from the boards.

It's now confirmed that WCoaster will be going with me. I hope that Curious George will be able to make the trip.

Hey, Dagg and Perigrine007 (and anyone else who's coming), do you guys want to go for breakfast before we go? I just called Deep Cove Kayak and they told me that there's a restaurant (called Honey's or something like that) on the main street in Deep Cove that is open early for breakfast.

I'll give a knock on your car at 7:00 or so, when we arrive.

quote:

I just called Deep Cove Kayak and they told me that there's a restaurant (called Honey's or something like that) on the main street in Deep Cove that is open early for breakfast.

Given all the paddling you've done in the Arm, I'm surprised you haven't heard of Honey's. They're famous and their food is great. Count me in. What time?

Gorak

quote:
Gorak wrote:

Given all the paddling you've done in the Arm, I'm surprised you haven't heard of Honey's.

Well, that's because I'm always paddling around the arm rather than spending my time sitting in restaurants. icon_wink.gif

How about we meet at Honeys around 7:30?

This will give the guys who are sleeping in their cars a bit of time to wake up and clear the sand out of their eyes.

quote:

How about we meet at Honeys around 7:30?

Sounds good to me! Is that the same place that has the donuts? Think I may have been there once or twice before on cycling trips...

Can't wait! Already I'm daydreaming at work; people keep asking me why my arms are moving around in circles icon_redface.gif

Woo Hoo.

I'm now confirmed to have Saterday and Sunday off, as in not working icon_smile.gif altho I was confirmed for today but had to go in anyway icon_frown.gif

As $$$ will be tight I'll be using a canoe that I own instead of renting. No Brian actualy it's dad's not my death trap.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

Some have graceland, some have mecca. We have the side of a gravel road in Oregon.... How did we get to be the better off?

Dragged my boat out of the barn last night for the first time in two years for a pre-trip inspection. Good thing I did. I'm off right now to MEC and/or Ecomarine to get some new parts for the boat and, hopefully, a new spring clip for my favorite paddle. icon_frown.gif Why do they build kayaks and paddles with parts that rust? I guess I didn't do a very good job of rinsing off my toys last time I used the boat. icon_wink.gif

Gorak

So, the more I frantically tear apart my storage, the less camping gear I appear to have (lent out, never returned, lost, etc). The capper was when I discovered that my most excellent sleeping bag that I have used for years has a ruined zipper and won't close.

So, I am now begging gear from friends so I am not caught huddled in the bottom of my kayak, covered in moss to preserve body heat.

I'm heading off to MEC today for some required items, but might I ask: is anyone bringing a stove that I can borrow?

(I'm king of the last minute icon_smile.gif )

----

Mr Peabody and his fabulous WABAC Machine.

Arrr Dagg, it is true that today is talk like a pirate day, will ye be joinin the fun matey?

MrPeabody, hope all works out with your gear.

There are two of us bringing Coleman stoves that I know of which should be enough for all of 8 (or 9) of us. Dagg asked about briquetes but I don't know if he's bringing a barbeque or not. Dagg?

It might be a good idea to go back to page one of this thread and take a look through the list that I made up.

I'm pumped guys and looking so much forward to this -- see you tomorrow morning at Honey's.

I think we should be ok stove wise. I will bring my two burner and my Primus (a little flakey at times) And P007 is bringing his one burner as well. I was thinking of briquettes for marshmallow shooters..will see how much room i have icon_biggrin.gif

oops i forgot to add ARRRRR

Mr. Peabody, I feel your pain. As Jomarac mentioned, I'm bringing an extra 2-burner stove and a large tarp that I'm hoping Jomarac can fit into his K2 barge as my bulkheads won't accomodate them. I am also bringing my one-burner backpacking stove and a single-use disposable BBQ for cooking my steak.

I went to MEC last night to get a replacement part for my spare paddle (the metal spring clip that hold the two halves of the shaft together) but was unsuccessful. By the time I got to Ecomarine they were closed so I have to try again after work today. icon_mad.gif

To make matters worse, I pulled my ancient mummy bag and my rarely-used one-man tent out of storage last night to find the bag won't loft, even after tumble drying, and the waterproofing on my tent fly has turned to some sort of sticky goo. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif So I have to hit MEC again to get a new sleeping bag and rent a tent. My other tent is a 5-person dome. This trip is starting to get expensive.

As far as spare gear, I have 2 spare paddle jackets, one of which is spoken for, an extra wetsuit (medium-large) and an extra PFD and possibly a couple of extra dry-bags. I will bring them along in case someone wants to use them.

Gorak

Ack! The buddy I was counting on has a b'day party that his wife is requiring him to be at. So My options are Find a paddiling partner. or rent a single kyack. I'm to old and out of shape to paddle that old canoe all the way by myself. That said If I use the canoe, gear storage is no problem.

Whats the cost of a single? where is the best place to rent one? Anyone want to paddle a canoe with me? Got a single for sale cheep? icon_wink.gif

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

Some have graceland, some have mecca. We have the side of a gravel road in Oregon.... How did we get to be the better off?

Arrr!!! Gorak me friend, 'ow big do ye thinks me ship is matey? She be a big one fer sure, but takin the kitchen sink is outta the question. Me already gots Daggs stove, as well as me own -- I think we're goin te be OK with the stoves that we 'ave. Maybe ye should leave yer stove at 'ome (or brings it and if it's not needed ye could leaves it is yer auto). As fer as the tarp goes, bring it along -- we can straps it to the deck if we be needin to.

Gorak, ay've gots an extra two man tent that might work fer ye. It's a bit old, but it'll keep the skeeters from findin yer blood. Me thinks it's OK in the rain, but we could throw a tarp over it if the skys begins te fall upon us.

Aye, good to sees ye Plotter, and we hopes te sees ye in time fer some grub before we set sail.

Arrrr!!!

Pat, you might just be in luck... due to my extreme bad luck.

I have been trying to hold off a cold from overtaking me the last couple of days, mainly because I am looking forward to this trip *a lot*. But today, simply put, I feel like absolute crap.

I am worried that if I get out on the water tomorrow, with my glands this large, they'll get in the way of my paddling.

So... Deep Cove is holding a single Kayak for me (that they don't want to cancel because of the 48 hour notice requirement)... so would you want to take over my rental?

Alistair

----

Arrr, Billy. Ever been treasure hunting up the arm?

I be leavin' the cooker at 'ome an' relyin' on me wee single-burner fer preppin me vittles. I be takin' ye up on yer offer of the tent. The oracles be seein' fair skies for the voyage.

Been meenin' ta ask ye - how many scurvy cutthroats be totin' FRS's?

Cap'n Gorak o' the vessel Ziggy

[This message was edited by Gorak on September 19, 2003 at 02:50 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by MrPeabody:

Pat, you might just be in luck... due to my extreme bad luck.

I am worried that if I get out on the water tomorrow, with my glands this large, they'll get in the way of my paddling.

So... Deep Cove is holding a single Kayak for me (that they don't want to cancel because of the 48 hour notice requirement)... so would you want to take over my rental?

Alistair

----

I could be into that... Call me 604-614-2704. Soonest. I'm going to go pick up the canoe but I'd rather not paddle it by myself.

Oh and I have an FSR and might have a spare or 2 if needed. anyone have a list of the caches we need to have in our gps's?

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

Okay, well, Pat has been kind enough to agree to take my Kayak rental (saving both his arse and mine in the process).

I'm going to come down to Honey's anyway just so I can see all your faces and get some context for who I see on these boards and log books all the time.

See y'all tomorrow AM at 7

----

Ahoy mateys!!!

Dagg me crew be needin some o' them wireless talkers. May just dip in to me booty for a decent set. You brings 'em and I spies em to be to my likin' I's be taken em from ye matey.

As this be turnin into a most fashionable adventure with the finest pirates on thee west'rn seas, I be bungin the barrel of some of me finest brew. So no milk sop bilge rats need be showin there pale parts around here! Aaarrrr!!!!

Heave Ho Mateys