Canadian Geoquilt///Clarification

300mag

So will the calvary wear those great red uniforms?

Now that would be something to see...esp when ou consider that I live in a very small; Normal Rockwell type town in Western NY....

If you get 854 responses I'll have to make more blocks.......maybe 2 quilts?

Dx icon_wink.gif

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Hi 300MAG

I like your convention of using place names for these quilting caches. This should make them easy to track. Looks like the project is getting off the ground and the patches will be out soon. Has any thought been given as to the time frame for returning the patches? icon_razz.gif

Well I had thought 3 months .....but I would really like to leave it up to Cliffy and 300mag as they have offered to do all the "leg" work for me......And actually this works out great as I can work on other projects......the blocks are done, wrapped in gold ribbon and waiting to be handed off.....so tonight I finished a signature item to send to the geocaching home office and I'm pinning a quilt for a caching event.

I did a cache near home today and stopped at a quilt cafe/shop before hand....Man the material was expensive....so glad that I have been working on my stash of fabrics. Iv'e found great deals on quality fabrics...really cuts the cost down and lets me enjoy making up the blocks and seeing how the project runs........

I'de like to leave the dispursion and collection part to Cliffy and 300mag...this way I can continue to do projects, focus on the sewing part and think about new ones.........

BTW majbach...thanks for the recognition...I really like doing these projects and caching. It just all fits! and makes me smile

DX

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by malak:

OK send me a packet.

How do you want to get it to me?

Just e-mail me your address Don......I'll mail it off to you after I meet up with Dxchallenged and receive the squares.

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

quote:
Originally posted by cliffy:

Just e-mail me your address Don......I'll mail it off to you after I meet up with Dxchallenged and receive the squares.

Or alternatively maybe I can meet up with you soon when I go to find Lar's "shape of the earth" cache (which I believe I have partially solved without even visting a single waypoint) hehehehe

sig.jpg

Hey everybody,

Dxchallenged has sent me a pic of a smaller version of the quilt to give you all an idea of how great this is gonna look!

icon_smile.gif

sig.jpg

COOL I can just imagine all the signatures on it.

Tommorrow I will have all the addresse's printed on labels ready to mail out to the cache's. The Quilt project is coming great. We are still missing a few area's. Hopefully we will get some reply's soon. ANY CACHERS OUT IN NOVA SCOTIA/YUKON/NW TERRITORIES. icon_smile.gif

742_900.jpg

Has anyone e-mailed Ken Kane about the quilt project? His cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3002

was Canada's first and I think it would be great if his signature had a prominent spot on the quilt. I'm surprised no one has responded from NS, because it looks like there are quite a few enthusiastic cachers there! I plan on finding a few when I'm down home for a visit this summer!

Happy caching,

Donna G.

The Quilt pieces have arrived to Ottawa. Me and Cliffy have met Dx Challenged and familly. We where handed the great pieces of the quilt over. After this and a bit of a chat we decided to go find a few caches. We had a great time caching. Nice group and convoy 4 vehicles lol.We where actually 10 and met Aldarion another local cacher at untalkative moose cache. We guided them trough town and I had given them one of my frs radio's. I then explained the sites as we drove around to diff area's. We had time to do 5 caches. Me and Cliffy where just getting warmed up but everyone was starving lol. So time for a nice meal at the restaurant. Mike had a hard time deciding what to order lol.Everything looked too good. The next day we visited the parliament. They just left in time before the snow storm started. We really had a great time and enjoyed meeting and showing DX around .You'll have to come back we still have tons of cool sites and caches to find. This week me and Cliffy will be sending off the pieces to the cachers in diff areas. Get those caches ready icon_wink.gif

742_900.jpg

Last night me and Cliffy where preparing some quilt pieces to be shipped out. So far 60 pieces are now on there way. More will be shipped out very soon.///// MAJBACH as voluntered to keep the quilt map updated with the actuall quilt caches on the quilt map. So you can send him your caches coords once you place the quilt cache with its name.He will then place them up for view.

TKS 300mag

742_900.jpg

Hi! So now all the quilt squares are in Canada. I believe that this quilt will be most beautiful when it is finished. Even without signatures this particular pattern looks great. It has a way of showing you a different design as you move your eyes.......And with all the signatures it will be that much better!! Then each view will display the signatures of many cachers who are just as complex.

Speaking of terriffic, our trip to Ottawa to hand off the squares was just that! Wow!! Quite honestly the very best sight seeing we have ever done!! Great people, amazing sites, group caching, and a very beautiful city. Interestingly, my kids hands down liked the tour of Parliment the best. Butterfly girl even stood up in front of her class, showed then pictures that we'de taken and told all about her adventures while proudly sporting the Canadian pin that 300mag gave her. icon_smile.gif

Thanks Cliffy and 300mag for making us feel so welcome and showing us how to cache Canadian...

I'LL be sure to stock up on licorice and arrange for US cows to be available should you chance a visit our way.

Dx and the Hiltonclan

(ps...I was told that I "sound" much older than I am .... So I have added a px to my prof. Fearless took it while we cached with "THE GROUP")

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your trip to the Ottawa area.( nice area icon_wink.gif ) The quilt pattern looks very nice, I like it... oh excuse me, WE like it icon_redface.gif . Nice pattern, it will be nice to see the finished product.. Looking forward to receiving my quilt patches in the mail icon_biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work DxChallenged!

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your project.

Sliver&Lucy-Logo-a1b.JPG

Hi Dxchallenged! It was truly an honor and a pleasure to have you all up here! (Dx actually visited my original quilt cache and signed the log......TOO NEAT!;) I honestly am contemplating a trip down to your area sometime soon as my Dad lives near Niagara Falls. Can't wait to see those "U.S. cows".....lol Gotta love this geocaching stuff and the way it brings total strangers from distant parts together...:rolleyes:

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Sliver & Lucy:

Looking forward to receiving my quilt patches in the mail icon_biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work DxChallenged!

I'm actually looking at your squares as I type Sliver & Lucy......Will be sending them tommorrow (Tuesday). Look for them Wednesday icon_wink.gif

Cheers, cliffy icon_wink.gif

sig.jpg

Ok folks,

Some of the squares are on their way. Just couldn't resist capturing the moment for posterity's sake. Who says I'm "snap-happy"?.....lol

icon_smile.gif

icon_smile.gif

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

I was starting to wonder if the squares hitch a ride on the trucks bumper icon_biggrin.gif

Oops! That's where my coffee went!

sig.jpg

Me and Cliffy are meeting again tonight to get some more quilt square's sent off on their journey. TKS to Majback who voluntered to take care and update the quilt map. Also thanks to all participating cachers. More info on the squares will be posted very soon.

Cheers 300mag icon_smile.gif

742_900.jpg

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 02, 2002 at 03:02 PM.]

I recieved the quilt patches sent to me yesterday. These are going to make a very nice quilt. An address to return these patches to will be appreciated. I will post an address sheet with each individual patch packet in the cache.

Hopefully this weekend will be decent and I will get this cache hidden and posted. We don't need more snow.

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 02, 2002 at 02:58 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by TJWilson1:

Cliffy, I was just wondering if you'ed got my squares in the mail yet. I've been expecting them since Tuesday, been kind of dissapointed when they didn't show. Got my hopes up for tommorow though.

Hi there TJ, 300Mag and I are sitting here right now. Just saw your post and will have your squares in the mail by next Monday....Would have been sooner but for the "item" you also requested......shhhhhh. I'll be sending out 4 more tommorrow....the rest probably Monday/Tuesday.

Cheers, cliffy & 300Mag LOL

tjs.jpg

742_900.jpg

sig.jpg

[This message was edited by cliffy on May 02, 2002 at 11:05 PM.]

Everything is going well. 130 quilt square's have been delivered so far. More will be shipped out early next week. Me and Cliffy worked till 11:54 pm on this and other project. 5:45am came fast lol. We actually had to check out the hockey game on and off 5/0 Senator's. But this was all cache related stuff lol. We needed some hockey info in case we get some tricky question in a cache icon_biggrin.gif 300mag & Cliffy

742_900.jpg

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 03, 2002 at 02:26 PM.]

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 03, 2002 at 02:28 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:We actually had to check out the hockey game on and off 5/0 Senator's. But this was all cache related stuff lol. We needed some hockey info in case we get some tricky question in a cache icon_biggrin.gif 300mag & Cliffy

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 03, 2002 at 02:28 PM.]

I hope you got to watch the entire game and soak it in. It'll be the last time Ottawa wins a game until the Rideau freezes over!

icon_biggrin.gif

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

[This message was edited by 300mag on May 03, 2002 at 05:59 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by MajBach:

[i hope you got to watch the entire game and soak it in. It'll be the last time Ottawa wins a game until the Rideau freezes over!

MajBach

I'll be darned if I didn't see snow flakes this morning and a thin hint of ice on the canal.......hehehe

icon_wink.gif Cheers, cliffy.......Game on Maj!!! lol

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MajBach:

Guess the weather was warm in Ottawa yesterday, eh Cliffy? Heh Heh

"grumble..grrr.....grumble....." LOL

sig.jpg

Hey! So it sounds like the quilt squares are dispursing around ....Thanks for all the work guys!!

Just got back from a whatle watch marathon bus trip with 60 sixth graders......Great time.....except that I forgot how much this age group is interested in bodily functions...My legs and arms did fine on the trip but my nose is traumatized! At times it smelled like we were riding in a bathroom on wheels.........

Anyway, every so glad to be home and really thankfull for all the work you guys have put into this! I'm thinking aobut making some miniquilts Cliffy and 300mag.......I just need extra time!

Weather here today was excellent....bright blue sky, warm enough for shorts and I place our Tolkien...Hobbit Bag end cache tonight...My other quilting project......

Dx

Hey! Wanna check out my latest quilt project?

I just posted and tweeked THE HOBBIT - BAG END CACHE. A fellow cacher helped me so this one has a picture hand colored by Butterfly girl, it was posted today..her birthday, has the best prizes we have placed yet (you'de have to solve the riddles on the bags to guess but there is a small bag of silver, some nice stone including amber and items that go along with the Tolkien theme all in Scottish plaid bags)...

Anyway the quilt part.....I put a block from the Tolkien quilt.....the other 3 will be in caches that correspond to the Lord of the Rings books in Erie PA area......people who complete all 4 caches will recieve a small signature quilt of their own (see the Tolkien Virtual Cache in NY).

I don't think that there will be many who choose to do all......maybe a hand full.... ya think... Better oil up the sewing machine!!

Hey, I've got to do something while the Canadian geoquilt is signed!

icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

LOL Debb,

So I assume it was a good nature trex aside from the "human bodily function aspect"?.......(trust me......My kids are all keen on that stuff too.......even seem to hog the artificial cushions in caches to no end!)

Did you see any whales? Hope so! Never gone out to see them myself ;(...someday soon hopefully.

Ok, I gotta get down to Erie PA (even have an old internet friend down there...lodging perhaps?.lol).....I really need to check out this Tolkien quilt.....Cheers, cliffy:)

sig.jpg

Hey! We saw around 6 whales...some minkys and humbacks....The hbacks did bubble feeding and at one point as he pushed the water out of his teeth...we got to see his whole head and he looked like he was smiling...at that point a seagull landed on his head.....

Sorry but I took the low end digital and missed the shot altogether......

The trip and my daughter's bday party yesterday have finally taken their toll on me....I'm so tired I feel like I'm spinning (is that what they mean by dizzy blonde?) I even messed up the coordinates on our new cache (it has sound and a px...) .....so no work for the rest of the night....will just sit and veg as I sew.....

Quilting is like auto pilot for me......

Dx

Here's the Geoquilt cache on the northern Trans Canada (Hwy 16) for the Edson/Hinton/Jasper area.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=22141

There was still a few centimetres of snow on the ground when I placed the cache on Friday. Should be gone by now I hope. The forecast is for 24º tomorrow icon_cool.gif

Thanx also to DxChallenged for taking this project on (forgot to do this in my last post icon_eek.gif )

[This message was edited by PDOP's on May 12, 2002 at 06:31 PM.]

I cropped the picture Cliffy posted of the cache and threw it on my cache page as a background. I think it adds a little something to the spirit of the page. If you want to add it to your quilt cache page, just put the following at the top of your cache description:

Rob.

Excellent reastick!!!! That looks great! I'll do the same once 300Mag and I get out to hide one here...(I know, I know......Being the distributors of the said pieces we SHOULD have already had one out by now icon_rolleyes.gif ...lol This week Ottawa...Hold tight icon_wink.gif

And MajBach?.....I don't wanna hear any Ottawa Senator "choke" jokes icon_eek.gif .....lol

sig.jpg

Hey! so it is bleak and rainy here.....just right for sewing..........

I can't wait to get sewing on this quilt......it really seems to be moving along nicely.......

I trimmed all the left over blocks from this quilt and plan on sewing something together for the guys who have helped out.......

This leaving the coordination part to other people has left me with much more time to sew.....

The enthusiasim here is great!!

Dxchallenged