Canadian Geoquilt///Clarification

300mag

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Canadian Quilt project. It isn't too late to get your signed square in. So far I have received approx 50 signed squares. I will be delivering them to Dx Challenged during next week.Keep them coming in. I will also be checking out Akron's best caches. Just to see if there as good as ours lol. Cheers 300mag

742_900.jpg

Hi there 300Mag! lol I received your phone message and will get out to our Ottawa cache early this week and recover the signed squares to date icon_smile.gif)))

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

Hey Cliffy this is 300mag! Guess where I am now.No problem my friend they've been picked up. I wanted them in time for my trip to Buffalo there are still a few in there. NOW for the deadline.

Well I would say (Dx now) that we can start having a deadline. Maybe have them all in in one month. I will put all the squares that 300mag brought on my design wall and send off a picture to Cliffy to post. I hope you all like the way they look icon_smile.gif

So how is the weather there? When we went to Ottawa....s word=snow...Today in the Buffalo area s=sultry (swetty hot). The first time this year we went over 90 and extreemly humid.

300mag in the very large icon_smile.gif town of Akron

Dx

So keep sending in those quilt squares......ASAP

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

LOL!!!!! Hi there 300Mag and Dx:)

Wow! I thought you were leaving THIS upcoming weekend 300Mag. Y'all having fun down there? Did you do the 6 flags thing or is geocaching taking up all your time? hehehe!

Weather's NICE here (mid 20's C) and the mail volumes are WAYYYY light (Done my walk at 9:15am today.....hehehe)

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

sig.jpg

Several people that logged my Quilt cache reported that the box was busted up real bad. I went to get it today and found a gruesome sight. There are holes all over the bucket, and someone has used a knife to cut it up.

The good news is that the quilt pieces are in tact and perfectly dry. So far 4 have been signed (including mine) and I'm going to try and arrange something to get a few more done.

Can someone please inform me as of the deadline for the squares?

Thanks.

TJWilson1

"Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

Well, in the continuing tradition of "better late than never", I noticed that geoquilt representation from Prince Edward Island is still lacking. I realize that the project is drawing to a close, but if there is still interest in having a local cache in PEI, I will accept responsibility for placing and maintaining it. What sayest thou?

Hey! We had such a great visit with 300mag and his wife! They experienced Buffalo wings (with those buffalo flying all over it's no wonder that American Air Traffic Controlers are busy icon_razz.gif) they had a "feel" for how suicided wings interact with a digestive system, saw the waterfront of Buffalo, NY, got a first hand view of what a gem my tiny town is, checked out the soon to be new Hilton homestead and spent a day at the Six Flags theme park...Now 300mag knows why I call my hubby "Fearless Leader"...the more gut wrenching the ride the better he likes it!!

I just posted a dealine on my "From Sea to Shinning Sea" quilt project.......so lets make this deadline the same......

******Dealine is August 27th******

My wedding anniversary

We should be moving into the new house sometime in October (unless we sell this house in a month or so) consequently 2 morgage payments will be in my budget...but the great thing is that I have everything I need to geocache and quilt so both will fit nicely in the new financial reality.

I really like the way the blocks look that 300mag brought! Keep them comming!! And thanks again for participating in this project. It's terriffic to share my 2 favorite pastimes!!

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

******Dealine is August 27th******

Does that mean we pick up our squares from our caches and mail them to 300mag by the 27th?...

or, 300mag sends them to you by the 27th? ...

or, you are to have received them all by the 27th?

Please clarify as it could take some time to get them through all the various handlers.

Hey Mr. Gigabite...long time no talk......

Since 300mag and Cliffy helped me coordinate this project, let's have the squares returned to them by the 27th....

So***Deadline to have all squares---signed or unsigned returned to Cliffy and 300mag is August 27th***

I sent pictures off to Cliffy with how the squares that 300mag brought with him look in the pattern and also a picture of the 2 of us in front of my fair town's sign with a mini quilt that I finished for him and Mrs. 300mag... I had thought of putting the igloo that is in one of the original posted pictures, on my head (I hate having my picture taken) but it was way to warm for that...at least I didn't break the camera

icon_smile.gif

Can't wait to see how all the squares look together....

Dx

Hi everyone:) Here are the pics Dx mentioned in the previous post. (just remembered I hadn't posted them......DOOH!)

The squares look great so far:) By the sounds of it 300Mag's trip was a good one. Good to hear everyone had a great time:)

Oh and 300Mag?........Remember those caves I was talking about near Markus's "Lac Mousseau bushwhack" cache?....Finally got a chance to go check them out. Really neat! Might go back up next weekend and hide a cache nearby to entice others to this neat spot (Lusk caves). Well worth the 8-9km hike.

Cheers, cliffy:)

akron1.jpg

akron2.jpg

sig.jpg

We had a great time visiting "Akron" and Dx challenged. We even had time to enjoy the famous Buffalo wings. We also found Akron's finest caches and stashed one with Dx. We would like to thank Dx Challenged and familly for their great hospitality.We really had a good time icon_smile.gif Thanks for the mini quilt. I also have received more signed quilt squares for the Canadian quilt. Keep them coming in.

742_900.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by TJWilson1:

I'm sorry to say that I only got 4 out of my 10 squares signed icon_frown.gif

What adress do i send the squares to? I can;t find it anywhere.

No prob TJ:) I actually just signed my own square the other day.....eeeek

But here's the return address:

Geoquilt

700 St-Joseph suite 101

Hull PQ

J8Y-4B1

Cheers icon_smile.gif

PS. Nice signature btw......lol

sig.jpg

I'm so sorry I missed participating in the geoquilt by such a tiny number of days - I'll still be very interested to see the final result - Dx - would you consider submitting photos of your geoquilts to Quilter's Newsletter and similar publications - it's the sort of story they adore for their readers forums (fora...but I digress) - and as you know - quilters TALK - so good publicity for caching...let me know if you need magazine addresses - and bravo on the quilt.

--the Intrepid Lemming who quilts. icon_biggrin.gif

ps - first forum post ever - do forgive possible errors..

Hey! The quilt publicity sounds great.....just e-mail me what I need to do.

I just posted on the other project I have going. I had some of the blocks retured to me so I arranged them on my design wall.

Right now we are in the midst of a move. What a headache all of this is!! We close on our new house in two weeks...scrambling to come up with all the money as this house we are in won't be sold for another month. Then we accepted a bid on this house and had to deal with a 3 1/2 hour home inspection.....this guy went through the house with a lice comb.......

Hey! The quilt publicity sounds great.....just e-mail me what I need to do.

I just posted on the other project I have going. I had some of the blocks retured to me so I arranged them on my design wall.

Right now we are in the midst of a move. What a headache all of this is!! We close on our new house in two weeks...scrambling to come up with all the money as this house we are in won't be sold for another month. Then we accepted a bid on this house and had to deal with a 3 1/2 hour home inspection.....this guy went through the house with a lice comb....... icon_mad.gif He found nothing major wrong but the buyer want us to do a bunch of cosmetic things that you would see in a new house.........so now the wrangeling begins....the best part is that Butterfly girl and I are leaving today for a conference in Cleveland........can't wait to just get away!!

Back to the quilt......if the collected ones could start to come here I could get them up on the design wall and send off a picture........I'm hoping to have most sewn together by October 1 as that is when we start to move to the new place....I don't want to loose a single block in the move and once there I won't have a design wall.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this project. It is way bigger than the American one that I have going.......and along the way I have met many new friends icon_smile.gif ..we are hoping to cache in Canada much more frequently!! icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

DxChallenge, thanks for the effort you have been doing.

We were very happy when we saw our square in the batch that Cliffy brought you. Retrieving squares from the Edmonton cache

(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=24168)

was quite the challenge.

Good luck with the paperwork, packing up and moving. Nothing like a move for sorting and junking.

We look forward to pictures of the finished product (and maybe seeing it in person someday).

From Western Canada,

St. Albert 4

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." (Gertrude Stein)

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Lemmings:

Is it safe to assume that this is still a perfectly good functioning cache despite the departure of the quilt squares? I'm hopeful, 'cos it looks like a pleasant trek...

--Intrepid Lemming, one of 'em.

Iced Tea 17 (Montreal site of the CDN Geoquilt) is still active. All I did was remove the squares. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Can someone please confirm that Vancouver Islands quiltcache was recieved? I mailed them long ago and have seen nothing with regards to there arrival. Just want to make sure that all is well with Canada Post... icon_biggrin.gif

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.