Bill93

32cafa1e-1029-4ec2-bc86-55636a4deae0.jpg

Details for Benchmark: JV3199

In WASHINGTON county, MD View Original Datasheet
Designation:
A
Marker Type:
NGS Benchmark
This was the very first BM in the C&GS /NGS Leveling, in other words it is the very first Benchmark! = That folks is historic!

I do believe this mark is one that is a perfect example why the people love Benchmarking that enhances there ability to enjoy GC and all of these logs (99) will be gone with many people wondering where they went due to the fact that most regular people that log these either don't come to the forums very often or they don't see this thread nor do they do Waymarking. So, tell me how great this site is that they do not inform the very people with regular emails about what is about to drastically change the site? Hmmmm, you do not even think about the feelings of hundreds or even thousands of people that will be angry to learn that there logs are gone? Now what? You just tell them that they should watch the rather hidden forum at the top of the forum pages that is almost opaque and to know to click there to see what the people that have control of this site are planning? This is a very strange way to run a site that is supposed to be run for the people that play here. Just another point to consider.

PS, now I would really like to go there and see this one with my own eyes before I die. Another Bucket List thing. Hmmmm, maybe that would make a good Waymark?   

• Upvote 1

Thank you Bill93 for posting this!

This is one that I would like to go see before I die. I love historic things and this one is just so cool! Wow! But soon even this post will be gone from this site and no one will be able to see this. Hmmm, I know, I will post it in that thread for Release Notes along with the picture. There it will remain until they either delete it or the site goes under and no more GC exists. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, 2oldfarts (the rockhounders) said:

32cafa1e-1029-4ec2-bc86-55636a4deae0.jpg

Details for Benchmark: JV3199

In WASHINGTON county, MD View Original Datasheet
Designation:
A
Marker Type:
NGS Benchmark
This was the very first BM in the C&GS /NGS Leveling, in other words it is the very first Benchmark! = That folks is historic!

I do believe this mark is one that is a perfect example why the people love Benchmarking that enhances there ability to enjoy GC and all of these logs (99) will be gone with many people wondering where they went due to the fact that most regular people that log these either don't come to the forums very often or they don't see this thread nor do they do Waymarking. So, tell me how great this site is that they do not inform the very people with regular emails about what is about to drastically change the site? Hmmmm, you do not even think about the feelings of hundreds or even thousands of people that will be angry to learn that there logs are gone? Now what? You just tell them that they should watch the rather hidden forum at the top of the forum pages that is almost opaque and to know to click there to see what the people that have control of this site are planning? This is a very strange way to run a site that is supposed to be run for the people that play here. Just another point to consider.

PS, now I would really like to go there and see this one with my own eyes before I die. Another Bucket List thing. Hmmmm, maybe that would make a good Waymark?   

That's literally a 45 min drive for me. And I haven't recovered it. Will do so soon. :)

• Love 1