Where do I get climbing gear for climbing trees for caches.

neel2012

What is more important than:

4 hours ago, neel2012 said:

climbing gear which is safe

...is good training from certified professionals.

I have been rock-climbing for over ten years. I am not kidding when I say that you could easily kill yourself using "safe gear", just by using it wrong. Are a couple geocaches risking your life for?

• Helpful 7
25 minutes ago, Hügh said:

I have been rock-climbing for over ten years. I am not kidding when I say that you could easily kill yourself using "safe gear", just by using it wrong.

Exactly. Find someone who can teach you to climb safely, and they can tell you where to get the equipment. Or, if you're just going to use it for an occasional geocache, perhaps they can tell you where to borrow/rent the equipment.

7 hours ago, neel2012 said:

I have been stumbling across caches which need climbing gear so I want to know where to get climbing gear which is safe?

As others have said, a good instructor is your best first action.  Many recreational tree climbing organizations in the US.

I had climbing instruction in the service, and it's changed considerably (easier, I feel) over the years.  Cost to start is often a shocker.

My first gear stateside (and still my favorite) I picked up at Newtribe.com, and they have links to instructors in Australia and New Zealand.

Later I picked up a lot of specialized gear from tree care professionals.  One is Sherrilltree.

Arborist supplies, rock climbing supplies.... leave cheap Chinese Amazon stuff alone....

I actually did an online course with this place - it was educational - https://treeclimbing.com/ - they teach a doubled rope technique, which is cheaper to get into (literally can be done with just harness and rope), but IME slower and more tiring.... we've moved to various single rope technique (youtube has a wealth of info) and have started some abseiling courses (which use the same gear).

Start small/low (repeat low) and practice....