When an official Geotour ends

Max and 99

I have a question. As mentioned in another thread, when an official paid Geotour ends, the caches are typically archived.

But.... is there any kind of notice or accommodation to someone who owned the geocache before the Geotour went official, and allowed their cache to be part of the GeoTour? Do they get any chance to keep the cache? Any priority if they want to keep it (resubmit again under their own name)?

Can those geocaches be adopted out, with the official geotour attribute removed?

Just wondering what usually happens in this scenario.

Edited by Max and 99

It's now quite rare (like maybe never) for existing caches to be incorporated into a GeoTour, precisely because all caches part of the GT will be archived when the tour ends (ie, the tour owner stops paying to renew).   This allows the GeoTour attribute to remain on the cache. Seekers don't like losing the attribute, and people looking to "find all" for the GT souvenir need to not lose one.

in the past, older caches were incorporated. The tour in Brazil had the A.P.E. cache, and an Ohio tour had the state's oldest.  I doubt that would be done now.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

It's now quite rare (like maybe never) for existing caches to be incorporated into a GeoTour, precisely because all caches part of the GT will be archived when the tour ends (ie, the tour owner stops paying to renew).   This allows the GeoTour attribute to remain on the cache. Seekers don't like losing the attribute, and people looking to "find all" for the GT souvenir need to not lose one.

in the past, older caches were incorporated. The tour in Brazil had the A.P.E. cache, and an Ohio tour had the state's oldest.  I doubt that would be done now.

Good point about the attribute. I hadn't thought of that. There were a few already established geocaches incorporated into a geotour that I completed about a year and a half ago. Popular caches, which I'm sure is why they were Incorporated into the geotour. Now I'm wondering if the CO was aware this would happen. Maybe they were.