Virtual cache at Peggy's Cove

canoeman

Can I get a show of hands from the folks of Nova Scotia as to how you feel about having a virtual cache at Peggy's Cove. It is a very busy area and I feel that this would be the best way to go. Please read my listing and then vote the way you feel. Thanks, Canoeman

Yes, Peggy's cove but not just the lighthouse.

This is a virtual cache of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse area. It's not just the lighthouse that you should go see and enjoy, but of something that is located near the lighthouse that you can only know of by being there. To get credit for the find e-mail me the answer to this question. To the left of the base of the lighthouse is a concrete pad. How many metal pegs are in the pad and where on the pad are they? Remember to e-mail me with the info and not put it in your logs.

Tough call, Canoeman. Although I've never been there - I understand that Peggy's Cove is one of the more beautiful spots to visit in Nova Scotia, and that the lighthouse there is one of the most photographed in the world.

One the other hand, I'm sure many folks Canadian or otherwise, can't help but recall the Swiss Air tragedgy, and maybe feel a bit "funny" about caching there.

Should Peggy's Cove be remembered forever and always by the crash? No of course not. Five years later on is it time to move past it and appreciate the area for what it is, not just its memories? Yah - it probably is. Even so, I would most likely feel sad and awkward about visiting a cache there.

Just my two bits. I live in Alberta - so I'm talking out the back of my head really.

Smitten

Altho Peggy's cove is a beautiful spot, I felt a micro cache could be placed instead of a vacation virtual. I regret I have never been there, the pictures I have are nice. The question comes down to, can a traditional cache be placed here and is it worthy of a virtual cache. Thank you.

Cache-tech

Geocaching.com Admin

There are already three caches near Peggy's cove... they are not in the tourisy area itself, however I'd sure anyone doing those caches would visit the lighthouse and other attractions in Peggy's Cove, esp. if they were new to the area. The existing caches take you on a wonderful hike along the coastline - a coastline that should be shown off. If this virtual is really going to show you something new, go for it. But if it's going to be another "drive through" caches and not add anything to the visitors enjoyment of the area, I'd say skip it.

Sometimes looking for information in high trafic areas is better then looking for "tupperware" that has gone missing. As well the person who wants to place a Virtual in an area should have looked at the area carefully in order to decide what type of cache to place at a location.

I would say yes it should be alowed even though I have never been there myself

"I don't want to satirize him I want to Vaporize Him"

Tom Lehrer