Ottawa Event

Tick & Nammie

Hey fellow Ottawa Cachers & Neighbours!

We are currently planning another get together, but have not posted it yet as we are finalizing details. However, I thought I would give you a heads up so that you could mark your calanders. The event will take place Saturday, November 16th and will run all day and into the evening, it will be similar to the last event, 'Go and Get em', since it was so successful, but will have some new twists and a new end location.

Cheers,

Nammie

Sounds great. I'll have to work some magic here at home as the event lands on my daughter's birthday (and her first ever birthday party with her school friends). I know what you're all thinking, "Hey, why not a geocaching birthday party?" but unfortunately I doubt I could get all the parents to sign the necessary waivers.

Anyhow, I'm sure I can swing something...

Tripper

quote:
Originally posted by Tick & Nammie:

We are currently planning another get together, but have not posted it yet as we are finalizing details. However, I thought I would give you a heads up so that you could mark your calanders. The event will take place Saturday, November 16th and will run all day and into the evening, it will be similar to the last event, 'Go and Get em', since it was so successful, but will have some new twists and a new end location.

Love to, but I've been booked for months for something else that Saturday. icon_frown.gif

I will be in Bytown late November 1 and on November 2 visiting and caching with Cliffy. I'd still like to meet many of you, so email me at malak@pobox.com if you'd like to join us. icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by malak:

I will be in Bytown late November 1 and on November 2 visiting and caching with Cliffy. I'd still like to meet many of you, so email me at malak@pobox.com if you'd like to join us. icon_cool.gif

Perhaps an informal meet at Wally's for supper on Saturday, November 2?

Three points:

1. If you are hiding more than one cache and you have received a # from us, but have not hid your caches yet,please put the # in all of your caches to make it a little easier for the seekers.

2. The coordinates for the meeting location were taken from our map. We will go to the location this a.m. and ensure the coordinates are correct. We will also post a cell # so that if you are unsure of the meeting location you can call us.

3. We are currently at 31 psrticipants; with 15 or greater caches since some of you will be hiding more than one; therefore, this event will begin on Friday, November 15th at 6:00 p.m.

quote:
Originally posted by Tick & Nammie:

I went to the pub yesterday to get the coordinates as the original ones were from a map. The new coors are: N 45 25.412 and W 75 41.754. The parking coors for free parking one street down from the pub in an indoor parking garage are: N45 25.358 and W 41. 723.

Hey there: Always interested in what other geocachers are up to to promote and improve... really hope your event turns out to be successful and fun... would love to attend, but I will be in Ohio that weekend -- work but hope to bag a couple of caches as well.

Anyhow, best regards!

Thought I'd post it here just in case anyone is looking at this thread in 6 months time. It was a blast to meet everyone. Many free beers being bought all around (I'll have to pay more attention to the specifics that qualify one for that next time ). It's always great when a ton of new caches come online too!

The venue was real nice as well.

Looking forward to the next!

Cheers!

"Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape."