Cannot find info- so ask!

Jayeffel

13 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I though before there was a way to make comments on a stage of a Al -found or not- and a general comment on the series once completed I do not see that.

I ussed the iPhone app to find them and there only an answer is allowed.

When you complete the AL you can leave a review. That is the only way to leave any comment on an AL There is no option to leave comments for locations.

Edited by Max and 99

I have another question, maybe not answerable, about Al. I know they are designed so a cacher needs to be in a prescribed proximity to each stage for the Question /Answer is enabled. Today I was looking at Als I need to work on and there are four eat of me about 25 - 30 miles. As I was looking at one as I looked at the stages it showed I was close and the Answer option was enabled. But that was only for some of the stages in that series,, the others were as normal.

Would the app recognize the location as I drove bom Cashtowny that area even when the app was not open? s a way to check is for someone else to look at these, 

I guess maybe a way to see what may be going on is for someone that has not been there to check and see what shows on their app.These are caches in or near Gettysburg, Pa. There are three in Gettysburg and one east near New Oxford. I think the one I refer to is the ten state Lincoln HighWay Series that has stages from Cashtown to Gettysburg.

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Surprised 1
9 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

If you read the AL builder guide it will answer most of your questions:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1o3llkIjjavD6wcQgmUiQTCyO9QULlktgI1dAfsXCOhQ/edit#slide=id.g7d774ad12d_318_0

I read through it pretty well when I set mine up, I think this is an anomaly.  I did go to get a few of this series this morning and could not locate one easily due   saying I was close enough already.I had to look at a very small distance number on the phone while driving - I had a general idea. I now have three of that series to go, the three that did not indicate I was close enough already.

Not sure if I understand your question, maybe it is related to geofencing:

Geofencing distance (meters): This sets a virtual geographic boundary and alerts players that they are near a Location in the Adventure. Players will answer the Location question here by entering the Location answer into the app. Geofencing ranges from a minimum of 20 meters to a maximum of 100 kilometers.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

there are four eat of me about 25 - 30 miles. As I was looking at one as I looked at the stages it showed I was close and the Answer option was enabled. But that was only for some of the stages in that series,, the others were as normal.

Normal? The creator can set geofencing all the way up to 62 miles! It may not mean you are CLOSE to the Adventure Location, just within the geofencing determined by the creator. He/She may not have meant to enable it that far.

OK, was not sure what limits may reach. No real big deal, just helps that when you are close you get notified. In a car it is a bit more difficult, I was able to identify GZ for each once near by the stage description provided. Now to get the last three in that series Have a good evening all.

4 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Not sure if I understand your question, maybe it is related to geofencing:

Geofencing distance (meters): This sets a virtual geographic boundary and alerts players that they are near a Location in the Adventure. Players will answer the Location question here by entering the Location answer into the app. Geofencing ranges from a minimum of 20 meters to a maximum of 100 kilometers.

Exactly,  except here we do not use meters. Seems odd that seven of ten stages show tha , the other three do not show me near them. Maybe he did set the ranges high -- or set none whichever would make that happen.

17 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

Exactly,  except here we do not use meters. Seems odd that seven of ten stages show tha , the other three do not show me near them. Maybe he did set the ranges high -- or set none whichever would make that happen.

It it was me who noticed this, I would ask the AL creator if it was intentional, considering the possible huge geofencing. I'd be curious. 

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

It it was me who noticed this, I would ask the AL creator if it was intentional, considering the possible huge geofencing. I'd be curious. 

I had sent a message to him, a previous Reviewer by the way, just after I posted the question here, nor response yet. I did not ask specifically about the geofencing yet, just what I had asked here. Thanks.