[Bug] Sign out missing on mobile page

capoaira

On 9/12/2022 at 12:43 AM, Max and 99 said:

When I use my chrome browser to view a geocache page here's where I see the sign out option, although I have a vague recollection of not seeing it there recently: Screenshot_20220911-173755.thumb.png.8795a7f796d42698164adc2fe6d3ff0d.png

And when I'm not on a specific cache page I still see it here: 

Screenshot_20220911-174055.thumb.png.736fa3f4359e91bbfdfa790144e5d238.png

As I wrote, the bug is on the mobile webpage on Smartphones/Mobile Phones. Of course it's possible to change in desktop mode, but as workaround until the bug is fixed and not als solution.

The old pages doesn't support the responsive header, because the pages it self aren't responsive. So the bug is not visible on that pages

Edited by capoaira
15 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

When I use my chrome browser to view a geocache page here's where I see the sign out option, although I have a vague recollection of not seeing it there recently

Is it working in Android?  I tried it in Chrome, Safari, and Alook on my iPhone 8, and got the same bug that the OP mentions, at least on the New Search page (Home page).  This is when using the Mobile site.  It's fine in Desktop Mode.

On my phone, I first tap the hamburger icon, and a drop-down menu appears.  Scroll to the bottom and the text "Sign Out" is invisible, but I can log out when I tap the spot where it should be.

IMG_7895menu.jpg

IMG_7896signout.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

That's what I tested it on. 

Ok, it seems I get the option to log out on every page except from the search map? 

On the phone, "Sign Out" doesn't seem to be available everywhere, and maybe that's normal.  The good news is it has reappeared on the cache page map!  There's a bold "Sign Out" in a small font.  Maybe it's being worked on as we speak?  It's not on the landing page yet.

IMG_789lo7[1].jpg

The OP's invisible button seems to be a bug, and it's a confusing one, but maybe not too serious.  I hardly ever "sign out" of the Geocaching web site on my phone.  More often I find I'm already signed out and need to sign in.  But if I decide to sign out, I would prefer at least the start page to have that button in view.

Edited by kunarion
On 10/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, Sorglos02 said:

It is possible to logout with the "invisible button".

Yes, you can click the position where the button should be.

As I wrote in previous Posts, the button just missing text, but is still there.

I know there are some workarounds and more important bugs, but it would be nice to at least get some feedback when the bug is pushed to the engineers. Please, a little status update?!