Stale cache status in app

I'm pretty sure this problem was reported several years ago but is still persisting. When I view my cache GC9JDPF in the app, it shows as Disabled. Yes, I disabled the cache back in April when the access trail was closed due to extreme rain, but I enabled it again in May when the trail reopened and it's since had a find. It's now September but the app still thinks the cache is disabled, even though it's showing that August find under Activity:

StaleStatus.jpg.2b0dc9446262e0bbf47172ccec156944.jpg

I realise I can bring the status up to date by logging out of the app and back in again, but should that really be necessary every time I view a cache?

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Just an FYI, it does not show disabled when I view it on my app.

That's probably because you never looked at it when it was disabled. The problem seems to be the app storing the status the first time it looks at a cache and then never refreshing it. In the past I've encountered it when I've used the app to disable a cache but it won't let me re-enable it in the field because it thinks it's still enabled. This is the opposite scenario but the same bug.

• Helpful 1

I am reporting a wider incidence of this issue. If I have opened a geocache in the app it never updates the hint and description status again. I can go and see the updated info on the website has been updated but not the app. This has caused frustration on returning to a couple of chaches that have been shown to be 'repaired' but hint and info now out of date. Contaction CO meets with an impatient response as they have done everyting they need. How to refresh the cache on the app to show latest details? I expereinced thsii for example on GC2WW56 Hint on app showing   ' splintered end of some fallen carbon' but the hint on the website says 'crack in tree' Thanks

• Helpful 1

This issue continues to be a source of frustration. A few days ago, when doing a check on one of my caches, I decided I needed to take a waypoint object home for some maintenance so used the app to log a TD on it. Now, returning today to put the refurbished waypoint into play, I went to re-enable it on the app but no, that's option's not available because the app thinks the cache is still enabled even though it shows as disabled on the map and the TD was logged from it!

Screenshot_20221104-112620_Geocaching.jpg.ef225c224f1c705f6b5b0a8b668d76b5.jpg

In order to enable it, I had to log out of the app, log back in and go through all the "new user" warning messages about how dangerous geocaching is. Finally I was presented with "Enable" as an option and posted the Enable log.

Now that I'm back home, several hours later, the app still thinks the cache is disabled, even though it appears on the map as enabled:

Screenshot_20221104-133102_Geocaching.jpg.9be55586ad3c86dcb882652467443345.jpg

A cache's enabled/disabled status isn't something set in concrete that never changes over a cache's lifetime so why is it cached indefinitely in the app as if it was???

• Funny 1