Trackables left at the Geocaching 20th Anniversary Celebration

T0SHEA

My trackable was left at the Geocaching 20th Anniversary Celebration . What happens to them after the event if they are not picked up?  

There are currently 1,068 still listed in inventory on the event page.

This  trackable is the only one that has not gone MIA, and been traveling almost 11 years. 

Several years ago, another trackable was also left at HQ and never heard from again. 

Edited by T0SHEA
46 minutes ago, T0SHEA said:

My trackable was left at the Geocaching 20th Anniversary Celebration . What happens to them after the event if they are not picked up?  

There are currently 1,068 still listed in inventory on the event page.

This  trackable is the only one that has not gone MIA, and been traveling almost 11 years. 

Several years ago, another trackable was also left at HQ and never heard from again. 

:sad:

1 hour ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Every trackable I've sent out has gone missing.  Therefore I don't send out trackables anymore.

I sure can relate to your comments.

I remember, as a new member, I was so excited to release my first trackable. Nice geocoins, soon realized they were missing. 

Okay, I switched to geotags, less expensive and I thought would travel, wrong, most went MIA.

Not long, I came to the same conclusion, I do not send out trackables any more. 

Total Inventory - 29

Active -1

Inactive - 8 (registered never released)

MIA - 11

Returned Home - 9

In 2013, I began requesting my trackable be returned via the mail service. I currently have 9 that were "Returned Home".

One of the most unusual, was a trackable that was missing for several years suddenly had a new log.

Apparently, a geocacher bought a large assortment of trackables at a flea market.

My only current active trackable is at HQ and I am not optimistic...

Edited by T0SHEA
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1