Notifications of my caches logs

2 hours ago, South Surrey Scavengers said:

I get way too many emails.  Is there a way to disable the automatic emails that I receive each time one of my caches is logged?

You could archive one or more of your caches.

Other than that, you need to figure out how to handle the geocache-related email that you get. Part of maintaining your geocaches (as described in the guidelines that you agreed to) is to "Monitor logs for reported problems" and to "Delete logs that appear to be false or inappropriate", so you need to read the logs other geocachers post to your caches.

• Upvote 1

Most email systems have mechanisms which allow you to direct certain emails into specific folders. If by "too many emails" you mean "too many geocaching emails mixed in with other emails", then filter the geocaching emails to a separate folder. Then you can scan them on your own schedule.

Edward

• Helpful 1
On 5/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, Keystone said:

The best way to address your concern is by setting up email filters.  All notifications from Geocaching have unique identifiers in the subject line.  Your filter settings would identify emails from "noreply@geocaching.com" as the sender, and with the word "found" in the subject line.  (You could also use [LOG] in the subject line as part of a filtering strategy.)  Then, send all those "found" emails to a separate folder from your general inbox.  Your general inbox would still have all the "couldn't find" and "note" logs.

Also, if you want to delete hundreds of emails all at once, you do not need to delete them one at a time. I use both Gmail and Yahoo mail for my geocaching accounts, and it's easy to check the first email I want to delete, scroll down to the last email I want to delete, and then hold down the shift key when I check that last email.  All of the emails in between those two are then checkmarked, and one click of the delete key removes all of them.  Total clicks to remove 100 emails:  three, plus some scrolling.

I do not believe that Geocaching HQ would ever implement a feature request that allows you to block them from sending emails about finds on your caches.  Reviewing the emails is part of being a cache owner.  Even in a "found it" log, a cache owner can learn useful information, like about the log being full, or confronting an angry neighbor.

This was the post I made the last time this question was asked in the Forums.  I can't improve upon it.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1