New Adventure Lab - Test Lab version - but not for me?

traineediplomat

9 minutes ago, traineediplomat said:

Hi all, It seems my wife and another geocaching friend have both got the new version of the Adventure Lab App, but I don't. How do I kick mine to update?

For me I go to the Google Play store, search for the app and then click the update button.

I'm at 1.3.37

Edited by Max and 99
2 minutes ago, traineediplomat said:

Next one on this, I can see in the Test-Lab that it shows all five locations of a non-sequential, but only location 1 for a sequential, even if I've done locations 1,2,3 it doesn't show location 4, but just one. 

It's hard for me to visualize this. Are you saying that when you create a NEW test (after deleting the old one), and switch it to Sequential, that you only see location 1? That seems like expected behavior to me, IF I'm understanding you correctly. Maybe not.

• Funny 1
3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

It's hard for me to visualize this. Are you saying that when you create a NEW test (after deleting the old one), and switch it to Sequential, that you only see location 1? That seems like expected behavior to me, IF I'm understanding you correctly. Maybe not.

Not creating. Playing.

What would be perfect is

1. You open Adventure Lab app

2. You see all the unfinished by you on the map (it does this with filters!)

3. You click on any unfinished lab

4a. If it's a non sequential , all remaining unfound locations appear, so if you haven't found any, then there are 5 pins, if you've ticked off two of the locations, only 3 pins show up

4b. If it's a sequential, the next unfound location for you shows up.  So if I haven't found any locations, then location 1 is the one that appears on the map.  If I've found sequentially, locations 1,2,3 then just "location pin #4" would appear on the map.

In the end what I'd like it to do, is show me all the remaining AL locations that I have to visit in the area around me.  

We have a couple near me, which are non sequential but the '1st location'/'home location' might be 50km away, but 2 or 3 of the locations are in my city, but you only find that out, if you click on the far away AL location. 

• Helpful 1

OK, I finally see what you mean. Yeah, I don't like that at all! I consider that a development flaw. You can see all the locations when you click on the AL, and zoom in on the map, but you're right that the Test Lab only shows #1 (or presumably the next one). I can't test any locations after #1, since there are no sequential ones near me to try it on.

Good catch!

29 minutes ago, traineediplomat said:

We have a couple near me, which are non sequential but the '1st location'/'home location' might be 50km away, but 2 or 3 of the locations are in my city, but you only find that out, if you click on the far away AL location. 

To me, that's outside the guidelines, but I understand they are just guidelines.