Pub Gathering in Lower Mainland, BC?

Team Giblert

Hi all. I'm wondering if anybody would like to get together on a Saturday night for a little beer & some caching war stories? Not sure where, but maybe we can find a convenient location for those that RSVP. If you're interested, please leave a note here and then I'll send private emails if we can get a group organized. I'm going to keep this simple and not create an event cache.

[edit: I should probably clarify that I don't mean this coming Saturday but one in the near future, to be determined by all involved]

[This message was edited by Team Giblert on May 29, 2003 at 07:41 PM.]

quote:
Is anybody available this coming Saturday (the 7th)?

Depends entirely on time and place. I know you probably won't decide that until you know who's available (vicious circle), so put me down for a definite maybe.

*** Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and they laugh at you. ***

I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool to have a pub night. Trade stories and such. I think it would also be an opportunity to swap ideas on how to make geocaching more well known in this area. I'd be very interested in attending.

Ask not for whom the cache waits....It waits for thee.

I am definately in. We are away the last week of June for holidays, but keep me informed.

Also please keep in mind, for any that are interested, that The Great Canadaian Coast to Coast Travel Bug Race kicks off on Saturday July 5th. This starts at 11:00 am though so we can cache icon_smile.gif, eat and drink icon_razz.gif, catch some rays icon_cool.gif, catch the most amazing game on earth next to geocaching (womens beach volleyball!!!) icon_eek.gif, then go and drink and eat icon_wink.gif.

Talk to you soon.

You can steer all you want, but it is all for not if your not moving forward!

I work 4 on and 4 off, and my last free Saturday night for a month is the 5th, so I guess you'll have to count me out... plus, I can't go to the travel bug thing either, cuz I work until 6 AM Saturday, so count me out there too

I'll be hiding a dozen caches very soon, that'll be my revenge... but don't panic, they'll be accessible with a stock 4X4 THIS TIME...

I'm interested. Please keep me posted.

Acuracura@hotmail.com

We should choose a place that has no age limits. What if someone on here isn't old enough to drink? Don't get me wrong, I'm 19 and legal but I'm just considering those geocaching kids out there.

hrm yes and no. there are several restaurants that are more pup than restaurant. IE Kelly O'Brians, Moxie's etc. That said would that many Kids atualy be interested in the meeting? Mine like the hunt but would have no interest in the pub night. It would only be late teens that do caching on their own.

That said any chance it could be on a Sunday? or late enough on a fri,sat that it's still going at midnight? Shift work sux.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

I was there on the 5th & will be again on the 12th. Hope to see everyone then. If not, I'll probably be there on the 19th, 26th, 2nd, ... icon_smile.gif

--------------------------------

posted June 30, 2003 11:29 AM

Sounds good! How about Saturday 5 July 2003 1800h at:

N 49 10.626

W 122 25.661

Lots of caches in the area as well.