Phone Message Clues

Chipper3

I am working on an app that would give Fairy Cache clues & info by phone. As a user, would rather text to the Fairy Guide and get a text reply OR call a number and get a voice recorded message in a Fairy Guide voice?
Each stage in a multicache would provide a different sms code to get the next clue.

• Funny 1

I guess you mean you are planning to place a cache that you need to call or text a specified phone number to get either a text or voice message to help you. Not suffer which would be best, imagine maybe a text.

As long as the person calling receives an auto response message it would be okay. There would only be one response - if multiple texts or call were required each number would take one phone.

• Funny 1
7 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

As long as the person calling receives an auto response message it would be okay. There would only be one response - if multiple texts or call were required each number would take one phone.

It is possible to set up an auto-responder that provides different responses depending on what code is sent to it. With a sufficiently intelligent auto-reponder, only one number is needed.

Thanks to all that have helped me!  I settled on buying one phone number from XXX.  I settled on text to eliminate any clarity issues and to provide a text trail on the hunters phone for routes, etc.

I can program using a simple flow chart GUI instead of having to code.

I have a Fairy voice answer and say that she would rather answer to texts if someone calls the number.

If they text, then I have a cascading logic flow that accepts different codes that are obtained from each of the multi stage hides.
I can handle bad entry and will detect the obvious "blue" responses so the fairy can answer appropriately.

I have attached screenshots of the opening screen as well as secondary screen to give an idea of what the Fairies are up to.  This technique will be used for Fairy Light VII in the series.  =)

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 4.39.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 4.39.59 PM.png

• Surprised 1
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, TriciaG said:

Is this a separate app that people would have to download and install? I don't think that's allowed. :unsure:

No download - Just call the provided phone number.

There is no contact with a person - just a message/text bot.

Edited by Chipper3
clarification
  • Helpful 1