What do you all do for a living?

Guest a_calder

quote:
Originally posted by by binthair:

I'm a retired engineer, but I try to stay sane by driving local geocachers (including Cliffy)nuts with out-of-the-ordinary caches.

LOL.....And he does a VERY good job people.....He's completely sane while me.....well I've lost whatever trace of sanity I had left looking his ^%$#@in caches.....lol Ask Malak or any Ottawa local... hehehe

binthair is always raising the bar when it comes to a challenge... (pssssst if I can I'll be Westport bound this weekend binthair icon_smile.gif

Cheers and salutations, cliffy icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

I am an Infrasture Team Lead specializing in Novell products. Go RED!

For my daily shot at MS... Microsoft is for "can only think inside the box" wimps... icon_wink.gif

Of course lately, the art a caching appears to be overtaking any other work related activity...

I am an Infrasture Team Lead specializing in Novell products. Go RED!

For my daily shot at MS... Microsoft is for "can only think inside the box" wimps... icon_wink.gif

Of course lately, the art a caching appears to be overtaking any other work related activity...

Hmm, well, amongst us there is a Criminology graduate student (and hopefully soon to be police officer), two Internet application developers, a journalist, an aspiring network tech and finally, a student at Saint Mary's University.

But frankly, we'd all love to be hauling lumber. icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by The Ex-Pierceys Adventure League on June 13, 2002 at 05:50 AM.]

Hmm, well, amongst us there is a Criminology graduate student (and hopefully soon to be police officer), two Internet application developers, a journalist, an aspiring network tech and finally, a student at Saint Mary's University.

But frankly, we'd all love to be hauling lumber. icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by The Ex-Pierceys Adventure League on June 13, 2002 at 05:50 AM.]

We are:

- a Railroader (business support of our core logistical system)

- full-time mother & part-time admin. assistant

- two full-time elementary students (loafing for the summer) icon_biggrin.gif

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." (Gertrude Stein)

We are:

- a Railroader (business support of our core logistical system)

- full-time mother & part-time admin. assistant

- two full-time elementary students (loafing for the summer) icon_biggrin.gif

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." (Gertrude Stein)

I work as a computer/electronics technologist in a R&D lab. Translation: I support 20-30 end users desktops plus all the computers and servers in the lab. I also get my hands dirty once and a while doing electronic work in the lab.

quote:
Originally posted by MedicP1:

I am a Father, Paramedic, and 2ICN at the London Ontario Airshow and Balloonfest. I am hoping to be a world famous geocacher...LOL.

I LOVE that airshow! Haven't been in about 3 years though......Didn't they cancel it this year?

I'll be heading down to NAS Oceana Virginia next month for the ultimate in airshows (as Naval aviation goes...lol) Hope to nab a couple of VA caches too.

Cheers:)

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MedicP1:

I am a Father, Paramedic, and 2ICN at the London Ontario Airshow and Balloonfest. I am hoping to be a world famous geocacher...LOL.

I LOVE that airshow! Haven't been in about 3 years though......Didn't they cancel it this year?

I'll be heading down to NAS Oceana Virginia next month for the ultimate in airshows (as Naval aviation goes...lol) Hope to nab a couple of VA caches too.

Cheersicon_smile.gif

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by a_calder:

Having just seen this on a UK forum, I thought it would be an interesting question to post here?

I am a Web Developer.

Alistair.

I'm a software engineer... applications architect for those who might know what that means... icon_confused.gif OK Basically, I bring coffee and donuts for the developers because I bring them news from customers who have told me what they want our software to do for them.

quote:
Originally posted by a_calder:

Having just seen this on a UK forum, I thought it would be an interesting question to post here?

I am a Web Developer.

Alistair.

I'm a software engineer... applications architect for those who might know what that means... icon_confused.gif OK Basically, I bring coffee and donuts for the developers because I bring them news from customers who have told me what they want our software to do for them.

Well, it would more appropriately be named 'What did I do' as I have been an unemployed bum (not by choice or my employer...'lack of work') since June 2002...but before then I was a one-on-one computer tech/sales who thoroughly enjoys helping people with computer trouble face-to-face who is now excitied to have an interview with Greyhound Canada to be a bus driver. If anyone out there needs a computer tech to do one-on-one tech support...PLEASE drop me a line, I will relocate anywhere in Canada...provided there are caches nearby! icon_smile.gif So the skinny on 'What do I do' is Unemplyed Bum at the moment.