Change Log Date for GPS Adventure Maze

mblatch

I attended the GPS Adventure Maze (GC9RW7C) at GeoWoodstock XVIII this year and would like to log it on the date that I actually attended (Aug 13 rather than Aug 12).  I don't seem to be able to change the date on the website because it always defaults back to Aug 12.  Today, I see there are a lot of logs on the maze now where people have been able to log it on Aug 13, so there clearly must be a work around of this.  How can I change the date of my Attended log to Aug 13?

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 2

Hi mblatch, logs posted on days other than the default are doing that by exploiting a site bug. This is a violation of Terms of Use

2.4.3 Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors, or problems in our services.

You might ask one of them rather than here in the forums.

That said,  the real bug is, "one date only" logging for Maze, which typically takes place over 3 -4 days.  Maze is now created on the Event module, and it defaults to "Attended log on event date".   Which is great for all other event types, which really do only take place on 1 date.  Perhaps a future project will permit Maze to either have multiple dates, or permit attendees to alter logging date on the edit page.

• Helpful 4
2 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Which is great for all other event types, which really do only take place on 1 date.

Mega and Giga Events can take place on multiple dates, and people have complained about not being able to log them on the date they actually attended.

2 hours ago, niraD said:

Mega and Giga Events can take place on multiple dates,

Guidelines for Mega-Events

4. Mega-Events must take place at one main location and held on one day. Mega-Events must be a minimum of four (4) hours in duration. Events occurring on days before and/or after the main event day are side-events.

Guidelines for Giga-Events

1.Giga-Events are required to follow the guidelines of Mega-Events unless otherwise stated below. -> held on one day

I think the logging module changed late 2019, or early 2020, ie, only allowing logging on the 1 date = event date.  But the 1 day requirement is older than that.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
52 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I think the logging module changed late 2019, or early 2020, ie, only allowing logging on the 1 date = event date.  But the 1 day requirement is older than that.

The only mega-event I've attended spanned a weekend, and may have predated Groundspeak's current "held on one day" policy. But the festivities still seem to span multiple dates, and geocachers still want to log mega-/giga-events on the date they actually attended the festivities. There seems to be a disconnect between official Groundspeak policy and the way geocachers actually play the game.

37 minutes ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Hmm...  We went to the GPS Adventure Maze  Exhibit in Connecticut in 2008.  But, if I click on the icon in my list of caches found, I get "A DNF  We couldn't find any caches that matched your search."  

When I click on your profile, then the GPS Adventures Exhibit, it takes me to a search result for the correct geocache. Just FYI.

12 hours ago, niraD said:

The only mega-event I've attended spanned a weekend, and may have predated Groundspeak's current "held on one day" policy. But the festivities still seem to span multiple dates, and geocachers still want to log mega-/giga-events on the date they actually attended the festivities. There seems to be a disconnect between official Groundspeak policy and the way geocachers actually play the game.

OK, fine.  If the Mega Event covers several days, then there is no reason for the many "side events" published on the days before and after the date of a Mega Event.  It would make my reviewer job far easier if I didn't need to apply the special rules for event stacking in connection with Mega Events and Giga Events.  Just one event for the whole four day weekend.  Because, as you say, that's the way geocachers want to actually play the game.  /sarcasm

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, Keystone said:

If the Mega Event covers several days, then there is no reason for the many "side events" published on the days before and after the date of a Mega Event.  It would make my reviewer job far easier if I didn't need to apply the special rules for event stacking in connection with Mega Events and Giga Events.  Just one event for the whole four day weekend.

I'm okay with this.

I bet it will be implemented shortly after Adventure Labs are changed from one per stop/question to one per lab listing. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 2
On 8/15/2022 at 1:40 PM, Hügh said:

I believe that those logs were posted through API partners (Cachly) which does allow you to change the date.

I read on the cache page for the maze that Geeoh Go could also do it. I searched around looking for a way to do it and had no luck so came here to search.

Just as I started to ask if anyone knew how, I was scrolling the logs in Geeoh Go and saw the 'Friends' button pop up as I scrolled through logs. When I tapped on that, I saw my own log (which was buried hundreds deep as I took two months to log it). At the point, I tapped on the hamburger stack on the right hand side and got an Edit Log option. From there, I scrolled down, changed date and time and submitted successfully.