How did YOU do this weekend?

Guest Olar

Guest cliffy

Personally I wimped out this long weekend. icon_frown.gif Not many new caches locally here in Ottawa so I was gonna plant another but the girlfriend and kids were whining about the heat......So I decided on 2 cases of beer instead. LOL

Guest jefficus

We haven't been out caching since we got back from our extended cross-Canada caching trip. Instead, we've been working feverishly around the house - getting it ready to sell.

We had so much fun on our trip that, in a way, you could say caching changed our lives. We're pulling up stakes and moving to Calgary. Probably won't do much more caching until we finish the move.

Jefficus

We spent two days placing a cache deep in the Cape Breton Highlands in fairly intense heat.

Then we checked up on our other caches in Cape Breton, one wasn't visited yet, and the other was stolen.

I can't believe someone would go to the trouble of climbing a mountain in the middle of nowhere to ruin the fun of others.

Guest 300mag

Pretty quiet here too for caching.Just sold the house and moving very soon.So i was sort of caching for a new house lol.I can't believe how much stuff i got to pack icon_wink.gif

Well, it does ask how we did this long weekend, so why don't we just revive it and make it applicable to this long weekend? I had four days off, and got three caches. Pitiful. I was busy doing homework. Went out this morning with the intention of getting all the X-treme caches, but only managed to hit 4 and find 3. Ugh.

"You are cleared for geocaching."

Puppy and I had fun on Saturday clamouring around the woods in the pouring rain with TBA and MysteryWoman. 4 finds total, although I had to sit one out after getting myself into a bout of dehydration/heat exhaustion (which I need to stop doing!).

Good times were had by all. icon_wink.gif

A great serial killer once said, "Beauty is only skin deep. Trust me, I've looked..."

Woo Hoo, hit 6 and found 6. And as a bonus, found 2 Locationless Caches, one of which is very rare and hard to find in our neck of the woods. Grand total was 8, bringing me to 98 Caches Found, I am saving a VERY SPECIAL cache for find number 100.

Binrat

"Blood is thicker than water.......Unless the water is frozen!"

"I travelled about 950 caching kilometres this weekend, hit 6 caches (3 of which I'd found before), was rushed through a 15km/h tidal current in whirlpools, came close to being flattened by a flying sea lion (yes, a real one!) and almost ended up dead twice. Good times!"

How come I never have this much fun?????

The weekend started out with a no-find, then went downhill further with two more no finds to start the day sunday icon_frown.gif it picked up after that though. Totals for the weekend: about 30km of hiking, 15km of canoeing, 8 caches visited, and five finds. all and all a very enjoyable weekend in Algonquin Park.

Now to plan a canoe trip to hit all the backcountry caches in the park icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Insp Gadget:

"I travelled about 950 caching kilometres this weekend, hit 6 caches (3 of which I'd found before), was rushed through a 15km/h tidal current in whirlpools, came close to being flattened by a flying sea lion (yes, a real one!) and almost ended up dead twice. Good times!"

How come I never have this much fun?????

Because your on the wrong coast! icon_wink.gif

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

How did all you geocachers do this past long weekend? I personally took advantage of the clear dry weather and tackled 5 caches and found 4. icon_biggrin.gif

Well I guess I had a good geocaching weekend icon_razz.gif We went to Fredericton NB to visit relatives and to geocache with my bro in law (ace 226). We logged 5 on Saturday (had a late start), 8 on Sunday (3 failed ones) and 2 on Monday. Weather was great, 24'C on Sat and Sun but light rain on Mon. Managed to get a family turkey dinner in icon_eek.gif Great weekend indeed!!