Anyone have an Ontario or Canada cache database set up?

Guest jefficus

Guest jefficus

Has anybody got a database of the Canadian cache sites? Maybe in EasyGPS or ExpertGPS? I am planning a cross-country car trip with my kids and want to be able to stop at dozens of cache sites along the way. But cutting and pasting from geocaching.com into EasyGPS is a real pain. (I understand they're working on a direct connection feature, but it won't likely be ready in time for my trip.)

Guest jefficus

Thanks for the NS sites. I am considering a trip out to Newfoundland this fall and hope to do some caches along the way.

Since nobody seems to have a full database, I bit the bullet and started entering them all. As of a few days ago, I had entered all caches from Ontario to BC. (There are about 120 of them.) But I haven't got a web location to post them to at the moment. I'll set that up soon. In the meantime, if you want it, I'd be happy to send it to you by email.

Jefficus

Guest gpblair

I would like to get a copy of your list if possible. I will be driving from Halifax, NS to Vancouver Island at the end of August and would love to be able to stop at a bunch of caches along the way.

Thanks,

gpblair@ns.sympatico.ca

jefficus,

If you email me the .loc file I'd be happy to post it online and link to it here. If you do send it, please let me know the date it was last updated so I can include that too! Thanks.

My email is epal@ns.sympatico.ca

[This message has been edited by Epal (edited 26 June 2001).]

Guest jefficus

I've just sent my data to Epal who will be posting it along with his own data. Before you know it, we'll have a complete cross-Canada index.

Happy travels,

Jefficus

Guest jefficus

While we're on the topic, would it make sense for us to set up Provincial files, as well as a cross-Canada file? This may go a long way to providing the provincial subdivision that is being discussed in another topic. At least, it would be a stop-gap measure until we can get jeremy to subdivide our data.

Jefficus

Here is the file containing all the Western/Central Canadian caches. It is current up to June 20, 2001.

Central Western Canadian Caches

If the EasyGPS files were updated monthly that may be ok, but I'm hoping Jeremy is just waiting for a cache in every province before he subdivides the website for Canada.

I don't think there are any caches in Newfoundland yet... icon_wink.gif (hint, hint)

Here is the file containing all the Western/Central Canadian caches. It is current up to June 20, 2001.

Central Western Canadian Caches

If the EasyGPS files were updated monthly that may be ok, but I'm hoping Jeremy is just waiting for a cache in every province before he subdivides the website for Canada.

I don't think there are any caches in Newfoundland yet... icon_wink.gif (hint, hint)

Guest Alotta

I think your right Epal, there are no caches in Newfoundland "yet".

But I know there will be one around late August near Twillingate. Maybe one even in Labrador.