Caches, and the ignorance of others...

Guest MaasNeotek

Guest MaasNeotek

It's not possible. I mean, it's truly not possible.

Someone with a GPS in the Edmonton area has destroyed the game for everyone here.

Why? Who knows?

3 of 4 caches set by my group has been destroyed. Why? Who knows... A sense of strength and power? Perhaps. A sense of force? Perhaps.

Ignorant? You bet. By taking these caches, and removing their logs - the game loses meaning. So why would one do this? To be a 'big playah'? Why exactly would an individual intentionally seek with GPS, and destroy these caches?

I wish I knew. As of now, 3 of the 4 caches Building42 has placed have been destroyed (ID's 364,413,462) - As has any hope of building a game in this city. Thank you whoever you are, and enjoy the keychains... I hope they were worth it - Your soul probably won't suffer for it, but now you know that you are truly worthless. You may not have understood it before, but now, you know. You have proven to the world your value, and even if you never meet those you have offended, know that in your heart, you are worthless.

If you want to 'discuss' your adventures, by all means, drop me an email at neotek@hotmail.com

Guest Moun10Bike

Unbelievable. It makes me wonder if "nolitter" was from Edmonton.

You mention that one of your 4 caches has survived. Is it more remote than the others? It sure would be nice to catch this person in the act if they try to raid the last one!

Guest 300mag

Sorry to ear this Maas.I remember reading some posts about this happening someday.Poor people like (no litter) they dont have anything constructive to do.The only thing left for you is to have virtual caches i suppose. Logins could be done on the website.I know i like when people fill in the log book but it is also fun to read the logs on the website.I hope this ^&~!% stops.If he doesn't like the game too bad for him. Let others live and enjoy there hobby. icon_frown.gif

Guest 300mag

Sorry to ear this Maas.I remember reading some posts about this happening someday.Poor people like (no litter) they dont have anything constructive to do.The only thing left for you is to have virtual caches i suppose. Logins could be done on the website.I know i like when people fill in the log book but it is also fun to read the logs on the website.I hope this ^&~!% stops.If he doesn't like the game too bad for him. Let others live and enjoy there hobby. icon_frown.gif

Guest Quinnow

This is the one thing that can ruin the sport. I feel bad for all of you guys in that area. It really sucks that one idiot who is surely out just to get his jolly's would do something like this. If the person who has done this is reading the thread, know that its just a matter of time before someone sets you up to get caught. It will happen, just a matter of when.

I wish you guys luck and don't give up on the sport, I am sure that you will find out who has done this, and when you do I hope you wear large boots.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

mag...is this where "no Litter" has claimed to be from?

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

mag...is this where "no Litter" has claimed to be from?

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest 300mag

Sorry Quinnow i don't know where or who is this no litter.For me it could as well be

(cat litter).Hoppefully there aren't anymore idiots like this.It would be great to meet one of these ...in the outdoors.

Guest MaasNeotek

No word yet, we can't confirm or deny that the last cache has or hasn't been raided... we'll be checking this weekend.

I had surgery monday, so can't jump out to check - I will post once I hear back...

Neotek

Guest Dave_T

I am glad to say I am a new geocher in Edmonton. I am sad to say that just as things were picking up out here, someone has decided to raid some of the first caches. I hope it is by chance that they have been found, and not a concerted effort to destroy. If they find and raid some of the more remote caches that will be a bad sign.

Who or what was this No-litter person, where did it show up? has anyone else out there run across this problem?

Guest Boromir

quote:
Originally posted by MaasNeotek:

No word yet, we can't confirm or deny that the last cache has or hasn't been raided... we'll be checking this weekend.

Any news on dogwalk?

BTW: Good work on all the media coverage.

Guest jjwelin

If you can get me nolitter's IP address, or email, I'll tell ya where he's from.

It's ok he isn't from that area i already checked. Thanks anyway's.

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 04-17-2001).]