Fake User ID

TEAM KFWB GPS

Hello fellow cachers,

We have just found out that someone has created a fake used ID identical to ours; the only difference being is that the name has a period after it. Please take note of this as some local cachers have attempted a couple of caches that have put them in areas of danger. We do not find this at all humorous especially when other cachers are put at risk. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope this matter is cleared up shortly by administration.

Regards Team KFWB GPS!

Geeezzz..it really is unfortunate that a person/people would do such a callous prank. New to the sport, I was amazed at the kindness of strangers, honesty of the cachers, and overwhelming generosity of Team KFWB. To try to falsify caches, and take advantage of the Team's good name is just really sad. Why would you do this? If you wanted to play properly, I'm sure you would have fun, and would be welcomed. To try and set people up is really not nice. A lot of hard work, time and money goes into this. Please don't wreck it for the honest folks ok? icon_confused.gif

I'm one of the suckers, got excited about the possibilty of being first to one, before the usual compulsive types. The prison guards only shot at me a couple of times but missed. Think they'd be better shots after picking off those college folk that travel through there. Not sure what the actual status of Mary Hill is. Public trespassing used to be tolerated. Especially young female joggers.

I fell for it as well. I discovered the new profile this morning and at first thought that the Team was trying to get sneaky. JJ and I searched the grounds of a not so nice establishment for about 15 minutes before agreeing that something was not quite right and giving up. I even sent an email through the new profile to question the location.

I guess someone thought they were being funny - I wonder if they will now have the decency to step forward and apologize icon_confused.gif

I love the smell of tupperware in the morning...it smells like victory

Jeremy made some comments about this siuation on the same topic that appears in the 'General' forum.

To think some dumb user didn't even hide their IP address...

They didn't have computers when I was 16 or I may have done the same thing.

canadazuuk

And oh yeah, if you just ignore them now, they will go away... I wouldn't recommend trying to figure out who it might be and slagging them via e-mail or otherwise...

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on March 23, 2003 at 09:58 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Geo-Trekker:

icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gif

I think that whoever did that should apologize to all, especially those who went to seek it. What a Disssapointment!

In the General forum Jeremy said it was a 16 year old kid. Oh, look, your profile says you are 16. What a coincedince! icon_eek.gif

So when are you going to offer that apology?

quote:
Originally posted by RobertM:

In the General forum Jeremy said it was a 16 year old kid. Oh, look, your profile says you are 16. What a coincedince! icon_eek.gif

So when are you going to offer that apology?

And a ham radio operator. Some of you local guys might want to take a look at www.qrz.com, and do some simple math. 2+2=?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Registered November 2001.

'Treehugger' June 2002, first find. Edited March 18 2003? (next time someone heads out to find this one, do me a favour...)

But this person 'loves' the Team's caches, so we should cut them some slack.

canadazuuk

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on March 23, 2003 at 11:24 PM.]

quote:
RobertM wrote:

You mean this one?

http://www.qrz.com/detail/VA7MRT

quote:
Canadazuuk wrote:

Registered November 2001.

'Treehugger' June 2002, first find. Edited March 18 2003? (next time someone heads out to find this one, do me a favour...)

Both you guys are going to be up for promotions icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Danny, feel like passing out an apology?

-----

[This message was edited by Jomarac5 on March 24, 2003 at 12:34 AM.]

That's right Jomarac, I AM THE CACHE COP! Just wait until I get you in my radar... that first cache you hide man, I'm all over it like a cop on doughnuts man, I'm gonna be reemin through all the bylaws and regz, and you ain't even gonna see me comin, and you gonna be headin straight to the GeoJudge, and he's gonna send you to GeoPrison man, you just be ready for that GeoBuddy... and just cause you think I'm foolin, well I ain't foolin, you ever look under yer car? Well there's a Geo Tracker that's there, and if not, my real Geo Tracker is right behind yah, actually, that's brilliant, it's not really a Geo Tracker, it's actually a Suzuki Sidekick, and kick it can, and I can disguise it, and you'll be fooled, so don't plan on pulling any wise cracks like the other day, or you'll be on the side of the road in GeoCuffs and everything else I've said will come true and geoclear...

and oh yeah, this is one smart kid

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on March 24, 2003 at 11:04 AM.]