Improvements: bookmark list and icon for completed Adventure Labs

DorisRHSK

On 8/10/2022 at 6:42 AM, DorisRHSK said:

It would be fine, if successfully completed Adventure Labs are marked in the geocaching map too and not only in adventure lab app. 

Furthermore I would really appreciate a bookmark list.

Thanks and kind regards, 

Doris RHSK

By geocaching map do you mean the geocaching map on the app?

On 9/20/2022 at 11:18 PM, Max and 99 said:

By geocaching map do you mean the geocaching map on the app?

As a new to Adventure Lab caches cacher, I'm betting the original request for the completed Adventure Lab caches to show on the Geocaching App map page. As it stands I can see potential Adventure Lab caches, non-completed, on the Geocaching app map but not once they are completed. It would be nice to see them there also. (Especially since it would help to follow along on "caches counted". Don't seem to be in my case. But that's another issue I'm trying to locate info on.)

1 hour ago, Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy said:

As a new to Adventure Lab caches cacher, I'm betting the original request for the completed Adventure Lab caches to show on the Geocaching App map page. As it stands I can see potential Adventure Lab caches, non-completed, on the Geocaching app map but not once they are completed. It would be nice to see them there also. (Especially since it would help to follow along on "caches counted". Don't seem to be in my case. But that's another issue I'm trying to locate info on.)

They show up as yellow smiley faces.

Screenshot_20221029-223909.thumb.png.490ca24fde9a335cf210897408e8e0a9.png

Edited by Max and 99
On 10/29/2022 at 11:28 PM, Max and 99 said:

They show up as yellow smiley faces.

Screenshot_20221029-223909.thumb.png.490ca24fde9a335cf210897408e8e0a9.png

Thank you for this. I'm still a wee bit confused. If I use the Geocaching App on my phone, it shows Adventure Lab caches available. Once completed, they are just gone. Not quite as your illustration shows. When using www.geocaching.com, I don't show Adventure Lab caches at all either non-completed or completed. Nor is there a filter for turning them on. It seems to be the only thing I can't filter. I'm not sure if I have something turned off that I can't seem to find or what. But, sadly, once completed they are gone from my geocaching app. Again, show on the phone app until completed. Neither on the website. Weird. Thanks again for your assistance.

10 minutes ago, Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy said:

Thank you for this. I'm still a wee bit confused. If I use the Geocaching App on my phone, it shows Adventure Lab caches available. Once completed, they are just gone. Not quite as your illustration shows. When using www.geocaching.com, I don't show Adventure Lab caches at all either non-completed or completed. Nor is there a filter for turning them on. It seems to be the only thing I can't filter. I'm not sure if I have something turned off that I can't seem to find or what. But, sadly, once completed they are gone from my geocaching app. Again, show on the phone app until completed. Neither on the website. Weird. Thanks again for your assistance.

There is a filter for ALs on the GC app but it's way way at the bottom of the filters. Can you check again?

Do you have your geocaching app filtered to exclude your finds?

I did send you a private message but didn't hear back.

Screenshot_20221101-222050.png

Edited by Max and 99
17 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

There is a filter for ALs on the GC app but it's way way at the bottom of the filters. Can you check again?

Do you have your geocaching app filtered to exclude your finds?

I did send you a private message but didn't hear back.

Screenshot_20221101-222050.png

I did find the above image/selection. Once all my finds are turned off it's easier to see the available adventure lab caches. Once back on, none of them in the area I completed the latest is for a completed adventure lab. This is on my phone app. As you mentioned below, you can't see them on the website. 

Sorry, I did see you sent a private message, which is what sent me to the boards and your lovely assistance.  I do appreciate your time and patience.  Longtime cacher, but new to the adventure lab part.  Liking it for sure!  

6 minutes ago, Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy said:

I did find the above image/selection. Once all my finds are turned off it's easier to see the available adventure lab caches. Once back on, none of them in the area I completed the latest is for a completed adventure lab. This is on my phone app. As you mentioned below, you can't see them on the website. 

Sorry, I did see you sent a private message, which is what sent me to the boards and your lovely assistance.  I do appreciate your time and patience.  Longtime cacher, but new to the adventure lab part.  Liking it for sure!  

If you turn off your finds on the geocaching app then you will not see your completed adventure labs or any other geocaches. 

But when you turn it back on to see your finds, you don't see a yellow smiley where you completed adventure labs? I wish you could include a screenshot showing which adventure lab is not on the map but all your other finds are.

We are still talking about the geocaching app right not the adventure lab app?

Edited by Max and 99

So to recap:

On the geocaching app (not the AL app),

1. You have included the adventure lab type.

You are enabling your finds.

The geocaching app will show your finds for every type but the adventure lab?

4. You see a :-) for all of your finds except for adventure labs.

Edited by Max and 99