Who's gonna find my Labrador Confluence cache first?

xterramatt

It's been almost a year...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=7025

Bring gas, a good 4 wheel drive vehicle, and don't mess with the military (they may not speak english, or french.)

This is a cool cache, not so much for the fact that it's really off the beaten path, but for the fact that it's a confluence, within an easy stroll from the nearest "road", and while you are there, make sure to visit the Churchill Falls powerplant.

We had a great time planting this cache... it took six people in three trucks...

XterraMatt

Find my confluence cache! N54 E63

Just one question....you are from N.C. what possesed you to go up there?? My brother(oddball) was posted several years ago to Goose Bay and it is beautiful up there. The road is called THE TRANS LABRADOR HWY and believe it of not they actually drove a tour bus down that road to Goose Bay with a bunch of tourists. If there was a way I could get to this cache I would. Though being military myself we have on occasion had exercises in that area.....I wonder.

"Blood is thicker than water.......Unless the water is frozen!"

Originally posted by xterramatt:

It's been almost a year...

Good news, Bad news.

Spring was late, Orma Lake road was not open for July 4th weekend.

Went up this weekend, August 1st, road fine up to last wooden bridge averaged 70-80 kph. Than there were the mud holes, all passable if you split the ruts made by heavey equipment which went up earlt July. Lots of washouts but all passable in 2wd, took 1 hour 30 minutes to get the needle to swing 90 degrees. Parked and walked in and right up to cache without any looking for it!!!! Second easiest find I ever did!!!

Now the BAD NEWS!!!

The cache was 3/4 filled with water!!!! everything wet including log book and trinkets. Drained as best I could. Took flashlight as it was water filled and corroed. Had intended to leave a deck of cards but due to water changed to Geocoin #0270 for now at least, not a good spot to leave a Geocoin. I had two Ziplock baggies so I put a sheet and pen in them with a note and coin. I will be back later in the month and will replace the cache for you with a better container and new items that water will not affect as easy. If you remember the page you wrote in the log book email it to me and I will put in a new log book, guess I should of taken it to dry out at home but was not thinking best (flies) I did the photos for the Conflunce Project so we might get it listed, close up of the 0's on the GPS too.

Gordon Parsons, Labrador