Personalize your Garmin startup screen...

shabbasuraj

Ye the personalization is really nice, but too bad it is not password protected, but then again some might not care. Altering firmware is still a little more permanent.

I have always wished users had an option to password protect the entire unit. That would certainly thwart many who did not know much about GPSr's. Or just not allow others access to any sensitive info saved on the unit...

...this way your wife can't find out your tracks you saved on the golfing green, when you originally told her you were volunteering at the orphanage all weekend long....

hhaahahahahhaaaaaaaaa....

I dunno...

perhaps this may be useful...

lates... icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by shabbasuraj:

...this way your wife can't find out your tracks you saved on the golfing green, when you originally told her you were volunteering at the orphanage all weekend long....

Or maybe all those waypoints labelled "Grlfnd1".."Grlfnd2" etc..

LOL!

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Sigh, it does work on a Legend, ver 2.41, but NOT my Legend with ver 2.50. I guess I should have done the startup screen, then updated the software. It does state, however, to do the upgrade first. Any Legend owners, go with 2.41, do the screen , then upgrade, and hope that doesn't wipe out your new startup.

If I ain't sweatin', I ain't cachin. Are we there yet?

quote:
Originally posted by MarinerBC:

Sigh, it does work on a Legend, ver 2.41, but NOT my Legend with ver 2.50. I guess I should have done the startup screen, then updated the software.

MarinerBC,

The Legend 2.50 version includes the following upgrade:

Added ownership page to be shown at startup. To enter owner data, select “Owner Information” option from the main menu page’s option menu.

This would seem to supercede the need for the GpsWarn program.

Tony