Location for Van-Isle Cachers Event

Van-Isle Cachers

I also wanted to qualify mypoll response, which was 'will attend regardless of location but prefer something more accessible'. marinerBC and I are really looking forward to this event, and hope that it doesn't get scrapped. icon_frown.gif We likely won't be camping, but a day event would be totally cool, and I'm sure we could find sleeping arrangements, as we have family in the sort-of area icon_biggrin.gif Please let us know what you guys decide, and we'll be there! Thanks icon_cool.gif

I also wanted to qualify mypoll response, which was 'will attend regardless of location but prefer something more accessible'. marinerBC and I are really looking forward to this event, and hope that it doesn't get scrapped. icon_frown.gif We likely won't be camping, but a day event would be totally cool, and I'm sure we could find sleeping arrangements, as we have family in the sort-of area icon_biggrin.gif Please let us know what you guys decide, and we'll be there! Thanks icon_cool.gif

I just returned from 7 terrific days on the island and although I didn't have a lot of time for caching I just wanted to say that you folks out there are definately in Geocaching Heaven. No matter where we toured I salivated at all the fantastic potential cache sites and invariably saw on my GPSR that in fact there was a cache or two already there.

Hopefully it won't be too many years before I can return and do the sport justice. So please keep things going out there.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

I like the idea of Rathtrevor. Anywhere else would be good, as well, but what if some of the folks camping want to peel off a few finds while there as a group effort? Wouldn't on the Island be better than Newcastle, with not nearly as many? (I can't remember how many it has ) icon_rolleyes.gif

I like the idea of Rathtrevor. Anywhere else would be good, as well, but what if some of the folks camping want to peel off a few finds while there as a group effort? Wouldn't on the Island be better than Newcastle, with not nearly as many? (I can't remember how many it has ) icon_rolleyes.gif

Just had my first visit to Newcastle yesterday. Great location with nice beaches and lots of open area for throwing frisbees, sandpiper7 lids, small animals, whatever. I had no hassle with the ferries or parking even on this long weekend during the BC Summer games. I must add I was quite impressed with the shoreline improvements on the Nanaimo side. Campsites were full. The fire ban would necessitate someone getting a BBQ over there by some other means. Regardless of the final choice our family of 4 will be there.

Well, after trying to find an available, suitable alternative location, we had decided this evening to throw in the towel, and cancel...then along comes eroyd's post...and after another conference call we says...what the heck, we've still got the reservation, it'll cost less than camping anywhere else, rather than cancel, we'll just do it anyway.

So Newcastle it is...September 1st, Start time to be negotiated once we know how many will show, but figure early afternoon.

We're planning some events so we REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY!!!!

We are planning a potluck dinner where everyone brings their own main course, plus a salad, appy or desert to share.

Once the page is active again, it'll come up here...THE PAGE LINK

If you could post a note on the webpage saying...

How Many

If You'll stay over

What you'll bring to share for the potluck

...that'd really help us, and it'll give others an idea of how many others they'll see, what's still needed for the potluck, etc. Just one thing...Captain No Beard Says "If anyone else trys to bring rice crispy squares, I'll keel haul 'em" Quote...Really, he made me say it!

I'll post another copy of this message on the other board, so you may get it twice, and heck if you show up twice, that's twice as good!

[This message was edited by Van-Isle Cachers on August 04, 2002 at 10:10 PM.]