Canadian GeoCaching

Guest MaasNeotek

Guest MaasNeotek

Welcome one and all! Here's finally a place to discuss GeoCaching in Canada!

Actually, as I write this, I am off on the First Alberta Hunt, and will introduce myself properly tonight.

Cheers, and Happy Hunting

MaasNeotek

webmaster@building42.com http://www.building42.com/geocaching

------------------

MassNeotek @ 55°32'182" N 113°29'49 W

Guest MaasNeotek

So after a disappointing search for GCA6, we have returned, and I can spend a few moments Introducing myself, and welcoming Canadians to the Groundspeak forums.

My name is Greg Scratchley and I am an internet developer, and neophyte geo-cacher. I discovered the sport just a few weeks ago, but wholeheartedly embraced the concept for several reasons.

As a net-dude, the combination of planet and technology is of interest. Using technology to learn more about our own backyards is a great pastime, fantastic for 'team building' and more so for family outings.

GeoCaching gives us the ability to go places we have never been, and share the experience with others. As someone in the technology industry, and indeed someone who seldom sees the outside of an office, this pastime puts me outside a little more often, and gets a few friends out with me.

Also, as a part-time photographer, GeoCaching takes me to places I rarely visit and even more rarely visit with a camera.

So, I put out this call to all Canadian's - Get outside! Place a cache in YOUR neighborhood, and build the community of outdoor lovers and weekend warriors in your area!

Best Regards and Happy Caching!

Greg Scratchley - MaasNeotek http://www.building42.com/geocaching

------------------

MassNeotek @ 55°32'182" N 113°29'49 W